Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Who has temp guages

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has temp guages

LuvDaMud? V-Twin engines head gaskets are very susceptible to overheating?? I never heard that?? On the Prairie and V-force? I know if riders dont keep there radiators clean over heating can accure. Something I've seen that is over looked as far as getting good air flow to the radiator is the plasic sides and housing that is all around the radiator. If you look at my photos I took all that off just leaving the bottom part and air flows great. IMO in some ways this maybe over kill? because its very hard if you leave the bottom plastic on to get rocks up inside there. I know on the Grizzlys and Rincons they dont have that much housing and beleave on the new brute force not as much is closed in. I was even playing around with my sides to see if I could come up with some kind of fins for the sides. Also the custom cut decerations covering a good part of the grill looks cool but can hurt air flow as well. I guess if use a better coolent you wont have to worrie about any of this? But Im still running the reg. stuff and have ridden the quad very hard in all types of conditions without any signs over heating. Ive always thought about putting on a guage, just to see where I run at when Im really pushing it? and the ebay post that VNASTY put up looks nicely made and I might get one of those myself? ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 250R
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 06-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has temp guages

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I meant that if the rad becomes partially or completely cloged with mud, than it will overheat the engine. If the overheat indicator on your display lights up than you might be too late. I don't know about you , but without a temp guage , there is no way to monitor the water temp. Most of the time you either have mud on the display or looking ahead instead of staring at the display. The temp guage is more obvious to my opinion since I mounted it just bellow the windsheild, and it is more in a vertical position so mud slides off and it tends to stay more visible. At least now you can monitor the temp. and fix the problem before it gets too hot.
The V-Twins won't blow head gaskets for nothing. But I've seen other liquid cooled engines overheat and even pop the rad cap , and still not blow the head gasket. What I meant was if you overheat the V-Twin, THEN the head gaskets arevery vulnerable .
Overall , the V-Twin is the best engine you can ever put in a 4 wheeler by far!!! I wouldn't have it any other way.