Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hi there kawi Guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi there kawi Guys

Hey guys
I wasnt saying that bigger is better I was just letting you know what I know. They are building 800 sportsmans. I have seen them in fact the were four of them sitting on a trailer in the ally behind my house today, they were putting them in a garage for storage until the B-Day party in Minneapolis. Anyway the reason I came to this thread was because if I went on the polaris thread and said anything it would have been edited. They dont like info leaking out to soon. The atvs themselves were pretty sharp looking they kinda got the kawi look to them,redesigned fenders,headlight pod taillights. I was just letting a little info out of the bag again not trying to start anything.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: skidoofan
Hey guys
I wasnt saying that bigger is better I was just letting you know what I know. They are building 800 sportsmans. I have seen them in fact the were four of them sitting on a trailer in the ally behind my house today, they were putting them in a garage for storage until the B-Day party in Minneapolis. Anyway the reason I came to this thread was because if I went on the polaris thread and said anything it would have been edited. They dont like info leaking out to soon. The atvs themselves were pretty sharp looking they kinda got the kawi look to them,redesigned fenders,headlight pod taillights. I was just letting a little info out of the bag again not trying to start anything.
Are there any new features? Someone along time ago said Polaris was trying turbo out or something. Prolly a load of **** but do you have any more info that you could give since your not in the pol fourm?

Old 07-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ok... I'll put my praires up for sale now so I can buy the first one!

Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kawi650
Ok... I'll put my praires up for sale now so I can buy the first one!
LMAO I'm headed on over to Ebay!

Old 07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

Ill keep riden my little ole well used 650 , I never thought I would spend over 6 grand on a quad the first time around anyhoo, it gets me in plenty trouble and out of it I plan on rideing it for many years if i get to ashamed of it Ill be calling FST. I am going to ride mine till it looks like a dried chicken bone. or me first HA. J.H.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I personally dont see why they are upping the cc's in the bikes now...with all the detuning that they are duing with the 600-700 cc bikes the only thing that you are probably gaining is more torque when you get to higher speeds. no extra speed is given. As far as hp goes...I dont really care to hear how much one has compared to another because how many times in life are you going to use the 50 ponies all at once? Yes I do like to play in the mud on occasion but if I do we have a thing called a winch...I am sure that the 800 will have gobs of power, but it is not for me...I want to be able to use the power....im not saying I wont like the 800 if it comes out...but I will not absoultly love it either

Old 07-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, mnfriesen, I would just raise my comp., port my heads, add a mickey D cam, and maybe do programmable EFI and I am sure it would spank the detuned bigger ones.

All I need is dual a-arms on the front of my P650 to be happy with it. Maybe I should look into it.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

NYROC... too bad you moved before A-MAN got his Works struts... they sound like the ticket... my '02 stockers are really getting bad... ( I now have way too much power, & way not enough handling )... I would suspect that purchasing the stock Brute suspension, & welding the tabs on the frame, would be very expensive... I'll likely ( over this next winter ), purchase a set of the Works, & install the Elka springs, on the fronts... I'm still happy with the Fox shocks on my rear...

Old 07-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

What we need, if you want to do it, is a project manager.

The project manager will find out who wants it, who can provide what services, and who will pay for what, get commitments and basically be the point of contact for it.

I am sure some people could do this by themselves. I am hoping to have a cooperative effort in we volunteer to help each other. If anyone that does not contribute wants it too, maybe they could pay the guys that made part for materials and labor.

We need to find a part number for the upper ball joint and the shock. Once we agree on the ball joint and shock, I can modify my stock parts into a prototype and have kissofdeath and anyone else test to see if they like the handling. I will then draw up mechanical drawings and then the "real" craftsmen will make the higher quality parts since the parts that I cob together would not be the kind of part I would want to trust for too many miles. I don't want to have any possibility of a strength failure, on the other hand, I wouldn't want a friend riding my machine if I think it could break, so I will make sure I have analyzed the possibiliy of a failure well.

I think we need to either make another lower arm or modify the one we have because the reason our steering is crappy is the steering pivot angle is too steep, and the axis is too far from the center of tire contact. If we fix that, it will steer much better and handle better too. Customfab could could do that one easily.

I think trx450 might be able to machine some stuff for us. Mastrblastr machines too. Maybe someone else would help, I dunno. We are going to need a machinist to make knuckles, unless someone convinces me that we can do what we need to do with the stock ones.

I can provice a webpage that can be used for collaberation of knowledge and also to promote it if you want.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

NYROC... you have a P.M.

Quick Reply: Hi there kawi Guys