Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BRUTE FORCE TODAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUTE FORCE TODAY

Just got back from Kawasaki/Yamaha of Wilksboro. I called ealier and they confirmed 1 green Brute Force on the floor. I had to go check it out. I drove about 70 miles and it was impressive.

This bike looks MUCH better in person than in the crappy pics. The build quality and finish were better than I expected. Folks there seem like pretty good people but they had it pulled up on ramps inside so I didn't get to test ride.

He said they got it yesterday and were expecting some red ones soon. I told him I wanted red but just really wanted to see the unit in person first. I called several dealers around these here parts and they were the only ones that received the Brute so far.

I would like a red model but the green looked better Than I expected. He said no money down and payments 39$ for 36 months. I could have brought it home with me but want red and would also like to deal with my local hometown dealership. They were nice to me in the past but they don't have one yet.

The guy said it was just a "tad" stronger than the 700 but not a whole lot of difference between the two. He said the biggest difference was the suspension more so than the power between the Brute and Prairie.

After I left I went on down to the Honda shop in Wilkesboro and rode a Rincon. Just sitting on them the Brute feels softer or more plush in the IRS. They have a demo model there for 6,689$ but it was green to. Just my luck!

Good trip and look foward to seeing the RED Brute and a test ride.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

mtd,

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm gonna keep the 650 for this year. I'm thinking early next spring I'll be moving up to the Brute Force also. Wait and see how people like them, put some miles on them, also read a few reviews, and hopefully take one out for a test drive. I've never own an IRS quad before, and I'm not sold on the fun factor of the IRS vs. SRA.

It would be awesome to have a new bike for Newfounland, but I guess I will have to resist LOL!!!

Old 07-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

AtvBoy1

Did you notice if the black plastic screen on the front fenders are actually storage compartments, or air vents? I've heard from some people that these are suppose to be storage comparments, and some people saying that they are vents.

Also from the pics I've seen, the radiator seems to be very easy to get at to clean, and allow more air for cooling. Did you notice this?

Old 07-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

It is the whole quad is more open and airey looking/designed than the Prairie. Yes those are storage compartments with a black like net over them to hold objects in. The plastic looks really good/better to me than the Prairie. Looks kinda small/lightweight designe for a 750.

I could have gotten it but I think its better to wait and atleast get the color you want instead of just being the first kid on the block with the new toy.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

No brutes out west yet but hopefully very soon
Pumpingpremium

Old 07-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well.. Its after 8 and were going nuts waiting.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

8 oclock central??? Where's he at?? I want to know all the juicy details!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more about it, I've already ran the idea through the wifes head about trading in on a BF but we'll have to see, maybe more around Christmas (you know....."you don't have to get me anything else.........just this for Christmas").

Old 07-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

I went to my local dealer today for S**ts and giggles and was asking the salesman I deal with about the BF and he just laughed saying he didnt know when they would get them. About that time the shop mgr came over laughing saying they found on in their shipment that had been sitting there for like 4 days. They had one and didnt even know it so I went out back and got to watch them throw it together and that thing is IMPRESSIVE. The pictures dont even do it justice. The only thing they changed on it was they were going to change out tires because they said the tread looked like "Honda" tread, whatever that means so they were going to throw on a set of Maxxis or ITP's on it. Anyway the guys were all giggleing like school girls over this thing and all the salesmen left the floor to see it, leaving customers waiting on them, lol. I think I may see one in my near future if I can just bite the bullet and forget about the fact of the IRS sitting out back.

Old 07-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Hi, I'm the THESITV2,

I set up that name at work. Anyway, I picked up my BRUTE FORCE today. Here's my thoughts:

First off, I've owned a Priairie 650, Prairie 700 and a Sportsman 700(NEVER AGAIN!!!!). My best friend rides a Grizzly 660. I am VERY fond of Grizzly's. The Brute Force is very tall compared to a Prairie 700. It looks MUCH better in person than in the pictures. It is a bit louder at start up the P700 also. Those "vents" on the fenders are actually handy pockets. The power is instant and VERY strong. My seat of the pants evaluation is that it's at least as fast as a P700. It wheelies very easily in low and hi gears. Throttle response is instant and VERY strong. It you were to trail race against the P650/700, the P650/700 would slaughter it. The Brute doesn't power slide very well either.

Compared to the P650/700, the Brute turns and corners very poorly. However, it's not tippy at all, you always feel stable even in off camber situations. The ride is MUCH smoother than the P650/700. It soaks up rough terrain. It is very Grizzly like in it's handling manners, minus the tippiness. It can be considered a Grizzly on steroids. I went through some nasty, muddy terrain and you can definitely tell that it's better than the P650/700. It feels and is much more composed and confident. The added ground clearance is awesome. Mudders will LOVE this machine!!!!!!!

Bottom line, if trails and tight woods riding is your thing, DO NOT buy the Brute. Definitley buy the P700. If you want to mud and go through nasty, hairy terrain and wide open spaces, get the Brute. I sold my P700 to get the Brute. I do both types of riding so I am going to get a team green P700 soon, they're still dear to my heart. When I went from a P650 to a P700, the power differnce was staggering. The power difference between the P700 and the Brute is not that substantial. Maybe because it's not broken in yet, I'm not sure. I welcome your questions so bring 'em. I paid 7,325 OTD. I'm sure if you wait 6 months you can get them cheaper.

Old 07-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Also, I posted some pics, they are absolutely terrible though. I'll post more tommorow!!

Quick Reply: BRUTE FORCE TODAY