Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 update

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 update

you know, 6 months ago P360 posts were far and few between on this forum---I briefly took a look back over the weekends postings and it seems like finally the 360 is starting to catch on---it is an awesome bike with a good size and an excellent look to it---the best looking quad on the market actually ( I like the 360 speedo look and handlebar gooseneck look better than the 700's)

I tried Newbeatle's Nabor Module this weekend amd gave it every benefit of the doubt, and it dont work on the 360---I do know that with or without the pink wire hooked up, the 360 runs exactly the same--- with the pink wire disconnected, or with the module hooked up, THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE INDICATOR LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON NOR WILL THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE EVEN WORK!!Pretty important to have the speed sensor hooked up to the pink cdi wire.

Newbeatle, let me know proper mailing address to send back to you.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

MOSES... if it makes no difference in how it runs, with the pink wire connected, or disconnected, that would indicate that the CDI is not using that data, & it is likely there, only for the 4 X 4 / KBEC controller... bummer dude... I'll P.M. you the return addy...

you ( or someone else ) mentioned earlier that the 360 was only an 8.1 to 1 compression ratio ??? that suprises me, if that is true, IMO, thats low enough, that I'm suprised it even runs... I'm not sure what the compression ratio is of the 300 Prairie, but would guess it more like most of Kawi's other quads at around 9.9 to 1... perhaps it is time to plane the head ??? & get that compression ratio up to a more usable ratio ???

Old 07-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yea Newbeatle, I know---thats what NYROC has been preaching to me since day 1---I will assure you that when the time comes to take it apart, i will surely look into bumping up the compression.

I wonder what a shot of nitrous might do for the lowely 360???

Old 07-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would assume to bump up the compression it would simply require a higher compression piston, is this correct or is there more to it?

Old 07-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh

Originally posted by: OleManMoses
Yea Newbeatle, I know---thats what NYROC has been preaching to me since day 1---I will assure you that when the time comes to take it apart, i will surely look into bumping up the compression.

I wonder what a shot of nitrous might do for the lowely 360???
Definitely consider the nitrous install!! I run the boondocker kit and absolutely love the added boost in a pinch, but be prepared to get "addicted"

Old 07-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Can anybody add to hellyeas comment on the nitrous boondocker kit???????
Just to note----I love my 360---right now it is running truly up to any of my expectations for it, although it aint wheeleyin, it is definitely runnin acceptable.

How would a small shot of nitrous, maybe hooked up to the reverse override button (to scare the hell outta those Polecat 500's I been runnin wit??) Seems with the low compression it would take a lot to blow this thing up??

Old 07-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah that's what you need OMM a big ol' shot of NOS

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

I'm worried that if what hellyea said is true about becoming addicted to it, I might get the hose from the nos to my full face helmet caught on a branch, and you know how a junkie would be without his nos--- If i would hook it up to my carb instead of my helmet, would the 700's eating my dust behind me be laughing from the leftover laughing gas in my fumes??????????????

Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh

Originally posted by: OleManMoses
Can anybody add to hellyeas comment on the nitrous boondocker kit???????
Just to note----I love my 360---right now it is running truly up to any of my expectations for it, although it aint wheeleyin, it is definitely runnin acceptable.

How would a small shot of nitrous, maybe hooked up to the reverse override button (to scare the hell outta those Polecat 500's I been runnin wit??) Seems with the low compression it would take a lot to blow this thing up??
That's funny that you mention the reverse over-ride button Moses, 'cause that's where i hooked mine to. You won't need to run the line into your helmet, 'cause you'll be laughing and have a grin that you couldn't remove with a jackhammer after smokin' those Polecats your runnin' with. We have ran several bottles through a number of different quads in the "MODSQUAD" and the only problem we have had so far is trying to mount a 100 pound bottle of the "juice" on my 700. LOL!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Hellyea

Did you have much fine tuning to do with the nitrous??? I went to boondockers site and read through info. Did you have to rejet the main??? I know motors run lean on nitrous, and I would hate to start messin with jets again for a mod that I would realistically be using only about 5% or less of the riding time(probably just for showing off lol) But the thrill of feeling some G's sure is appealing

Quick Reply: Prairie 360 update