Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 update

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 update

Oleman, when you inject nitrous, you MUST inject gas too. There are many ways to do this, but the best ways do not affect your carb settings. Since your tank is grav fed, you need a pump to cause those gas squirter jets to squirt.

You should never set an engine to run too lean with nitrous, they blow up fast.

The low compression you currently have is ideal for nitrous.

Nitrous will leave you tinkering a heck of a lot more than a compression and cam mod. I would not want to do that do a machine that is my daily rider. If I wanted to have the fastest 360 at the mud pulls, nitrous would work well for that.

For reliability on the trail, I would plane the head and polish the ports and retard the cam. Don't mess with that squirty stuff.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanx for bringin me down to earth NYROC. From what little info I know on laughing gas, it is probly less expensive to do the machining mods. And NYROC, is it my imagination or did I see you did some riding in PA??? Marienville?? I spent alot of time in my younger days on those trails. If you would consider another trip to PA. check out www.blueknobfire.com they are having a run Aug.28---I have never been there but my buds claim its pretty good. I will definitely be there this year---It would make my day to let you take a ride on my infamous 360. You might even like it!!! I will be in your neck of the woods next week, yearly review with Lowes in Mooresville.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:02 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh

Originally posted by: nyroc
Oleman, when you inject nitrous, you MUST inject gas too. There are many ways to do this, but the best ways do not affect your carb settings. Since your tank is grav fed, you need a pump to cause those gas squirter jets to squirt.

You should never set an engine to run too lean with nitrous, they blow up fast.

The low compression you currently have is ideal for nitrous.

Nitrous will leave you tinkering a heck of a lot more than a compression and cam mod. I would not want to do that do a machine that is my daily rider. If I wanted to have the fastest 360 at the mud pulls, nitrous would work well for that.

For reliability on the trail, I would plane the head and polish the ports and retard the cam. Don't mess with that squirty stuff.
Nyroc, the boondocker kit i have mounts the injector through the top of the airbox and by doing so the engine will only consume the juice that is needed. Float bowl pressure is increased which allows more fuel to be added without re-jetting, and you don't need a aux. fuel pump and solenoid. By utilizing plastic nozzles for the injector ice crystals are eliminated which are the biggest killers of engines. Although i have yet to spend any time fine tuning, it has really worked well for me with no hiccups of any kind. As soon as i get time to dial it in you guys will be the first to know.