Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What does it take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does it take?

Ok I rode the 650 today. It has 1700 miles and 250 hours on it. The paint on the racks are a little scratched and chipped. No big deal, I may be removing the racks anyway. The plastic is a little faded and scuffed, but that's to be expected. It has fairly new Dirt Devil tires on it so that's a plus. It runs pretty good, I didn't get on it really hard but it pulled pretty hard at almost half throttle. I did notice that the seat is a little more firm that my Rincons seat. The transmission didn't want to shift from low to high without giving it a little gas, I am guessing this can be fixed by a linkage adjustment. It made a strange clicking and whirring noise after it had been shut off, but I think it's some sensor or solinoids in the tranny. I don't think I would give him $4500 for it because it's no cherry by any means, but it's not bad either. I may offer him $3800-$4000 for it. But, all in all, I liked it pretty well.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

the humming and wirring are normal,its the Kebc doing its thing..you might not want to remove the racks because the are the support for the plastic body and give the shocks another place to mount..the hi-low range is an easy adjustment on the linkage..nop biggie there..its got some miles on it but if its in good shape 4k sounds reasonable..

Old 07-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

There was also no squeaking from the belt when driving it so it didn't sound to be loose. I would check it anyway, to see if it may need replaced. I highly doubt it, but I might as well check.

I have seen quite a few people take the racks off, how do they do it? Do they build supports or something?

Also can you tell me how the KEBC works? Is it like Polaris where it locks up and "clicks" causing it to skid, or is it closer to "true" engine braking like a manual tranny has? Thanks.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

yes.I use some standard bolts for the rear and theres a penland bar for up front..

Old 07-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

heyas maryland..hows the eye?..almost had to call for an evac there in PA...guess its funny now but at the time it wasnt..I thought you were a bit more modded than you are I guess,maybe its that fancy green plastic,lol..that PBR exhaust is the bomb tho..sounded awesome..way better than the Rappys white bros..that was obnoxously loud...

Old 07-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

yo Coop!! why is your website asking me for a password?? you change something?..and damn,you really going to Tennesee?...lucky stiff..

Old 07-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

Seems like quite a few hours for the mileage. Is it a farm quad? Is there another one around there to compare?

The rack plastic acts as a diaphragm and distributes impact or work loads. Don't know why you would take off the racks. They are very light, don't affect speed, and serve a structural purpose when joined to the bumper frame to protect the front assembly.

Note: Most of the guys replace P650 belts with the P700 belts, same price, better belt; just need to buy a shim assortment to get it tight but not too tight. Mine whines a little in gear before throttle, cause it wants to go, man! (belt lasts longer, needs fewer adjustments when shimmed that way)

Re EBC, I've never seen or felt my tires lock/skid. It's got a better EBC than any other make in our group, and I hardly ever use brake even on steep and rocky declines.

Good luck on your choice....sounds like you know what's up.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

well,kawi..I must say your lucky..I was coming down a very large grassy hill with mine the first week I had it and was in 2x and the rear wheels locked right up and then started spinning in reverse!!the bike slid sideways and away I went SIDEWAYS down that hill..my heart stopped beating for about 60 seconds as i faught that sucker all the way to the bottom!!!!...now I do not ever go down large hills in 2x because the ebc does not function as well...just an fyi and I hope it never happens to someone else...the bike did its best to roll over the whole way down...

Old 07-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Metallikev~
What did you talk to Mike?-patrailboss, the other day on the phone he just had to bring that up again!~LOL I got hit in the lip ,, not the eye!~LOL. But you know at least I didn't have AC in the back of my paints like o'speedy~LOL uggg. We gotta good group of guys to ride with, and there's always a lot of high jenks! Oh and Mr.Wheelie AKA Yorkie is always up to something when he ride with us~lol. You know its a great thing! We have Riders from all walks of life Lawyers, NY City Fire fighter, Business Owners, Company Guys etc. Drive for hours to Ride!. Oh and any other time most of us would probability never hang out together?~LOL But for the love of the sport and a passion for the hard riding we do. Leave the challenges of our life's at home, Bang bars, Battle for front of the pack, Ruffle each others feathers a bit~LOL and hit the mountains for a day of serious FUN! What's not to like? Your first ride was an o'Speedy ride and is always a good ride for most to start on! There are the off Saturdays Rides where we kick it up a notch~LOL. Mike and I maybe riding this Saturday if you wanna join us? You thought you were sore last week?~LOL. When the patrailboss leads OUCH!~lol I don't know what's up with the web site? It has become more of my personal site and the club thing has kind of fallen by the waste side. I will look into those? We did a TN trip was last year. And I was going to go this year because most of the gang passed on Coal Creek TN and went to Hatfields. but I have way to much on my plate with work, family etc. and I'm going to just sneak up to Pa. When ever I get a chance? I'm also going to try to do another GNCC as well before the end of the year so the only other trip I'm thinking about doing is Hatfields in Oct. with Speedy? He has info on his Site, If you think you can join us? Its going to be a great trip! It was good to have you on one of our rides and when you wanna do it again let me know? ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
And a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Metallikev....sounds like quite a ride. I think I might have slid off from seat lubrication.

Is this type incident isolated to your bike or have you heard of others? Shifted into reverse on its own? Man! Your's is the first hair-on-fire deal like that I've ever heard of.

Don't want to put Yellow650Rincon into doubt if odds are way against this happening on any random 650.