Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What does it take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does it take?

OMG!!!! rancher330 is gonna buy a Prairie?!?!? whats the world coming to?!?!? j/k

come join the darkside.....the weather is always better here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

as far as mods........when you start tinkering with the jetting, forget that ThunderProducts Dial-a-Jets ever existed unless you plan on riding at verying elevations alot. Just up the main jet sizes to the appropriate ones and all will be right in the world.......

the raw power of the mighty twins is addicting to say the least

cart

Old 07-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

heyas Kawiyowee,i believe it was isolated to my bike alone..just for kicks and to make sure my heart was still working we went back to that hill and recreated the setup and YEEEOOWWW again it did the same thing..so it happened twice..I havent got the Ballzz to try it a third time..lol..I think it has something to do with the ebc but it only happened on that hill..its because its got an abnormally steep pitch with wet rye grass...ive never expeirianced this phenomina anywhere else and that is a good thing..

Coop,Ive got to get the swing arm bearing out and greased up..its making a hell of a racket...after that Ill be down for another day in the penastuky mountains..as long as Speedy promises to where a pair of grundys..

Old 07-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yea Ive never heard of that happening with the EBC also?? Metallikev You just need to speed it up a bit and stop going down hills like that so slow!~LOL. If your going to even touch the swing bolt you might as well get some new bearings in there. allballsracing.com sells a replacement kit and it doesnt cost much. Im not to far from replaceing mine also, in the next few months maybe? ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
And a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 07-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

hey, you ever work??lol

Old 07-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cartman308
OMG!!!! rancher330 is gonna buy a Prairie?!?!? whats the world coming to?!?!? j/k

come join the darkside.....the weather is always better here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

as far as mods........when you start tinkering with the jetting, forget that ThunderProducts Dial-a-Jets ever existed unless you plan on riding at verying elevations alot. Just up the main jet sizes to the appropriate ones and all will be right in the world.......

the raw power of the mighty twins is addicting to say the least

cart
Yep, found out what my payments on it will be so I might get it. I wish the Prarie had the suspension and looks of my Rincon, but still kept it's brakes, and engine/tranny combo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The solid rear will not be as smooth, but it will powerslide a little better.
I haven't herd to many good things about the 4wd engagement though. Bad lag or something? I know that when the 650 was idling, I pushed it into 4wd and it did not engage. I'm not sure if it needs to be in gear or what, but it didn't go into 4wd while idling in nuetral. Is this normal? What does it take for the 4wd system to engage? What I like about it on my Rincon is it will engage any time as long as the engine is running, and it will engage instantly. On the fly or at idle and can be switched back to 2wd instantly while on the fly or at idle also. How does the Prairie compare to this? Just a little something I need to know. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well guys, I may not be buying it after all. The guy at the dealership just won't cut me a deal. The lowest he told us was $4600 OTD. We have spent tons of money at his dealership, he knows us very well, and still won't cut me a deal at all. I told him I had $4000 to give him. Nope. But I'll stick to my guns and won't give him any more than $4000 for it. Told him thanks anyway, but I'll keep looking. He's had the thing sitting there forever. So long that the gas has gone stale, and he still won't sell it to me for $4000 just to get rid of it. Oh well! He knows our number just incase he changes his mind! Thanks alot for all the help guys.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

the 4wd enganement lag is the only problem i have with my bike.....besides the ones i've caused. There may be a fix for that but it involved disabeling the KEBC, which is somehting i'm not to thrilled about doing.

l8r
cart

BTW, 4600 may not be a bad price for it if its in good shape. if he needs to move it he may come down to 4400 or maybe 4300 but i doubt the stealer will come off 6 bills.......good luck anyway