Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700

that is a Big azz quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks for the pics colmac

Old 07-25-2004, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont believe u payed $6000 for a v-fores even with the conversion
down here we pay $12800 there is no justice in the world

Old 07-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

boomboom, ...this will make you feel even worse...
NEW KFX700 V FORCE 2WD $4,999 IN STOCK: http://www.troycitygarage.com/atvs.htm
there is a setup fee on that I think he said it was 250 but you can email him for the exact quote and I bet they will want to get rid of 2004 models so who know what they will come down to.

Btw, I took these out to a trail this weekend and was able to run the BF relatively hard. I didn’t what to push it too much cause it is still breaking in. But, I did not feel that it was tippy at all, my shocks where at the second to lowest setting too. I cant even drive the V up the loading ramps to the truck without it going up on the back wheels so much so that I think it is dangerous to load on the ramps so I pull it on a trailer. The BF climbs up the ramps and never even hops. I should have taken pictures but this trail is very busy and very narrow, stopping on it is not very wise. The name of the trail is called Whissenhant. Don’t really care for it much but it is the closest trail. One nice thing at the trail is an unloading box that is tailgate height. Not having to shift is the greatest thing about these. I will probably never buy one with a shifter again. It was hard to get used to it though, my foot kept searching for the shift lever. It was always in the correct “gear” no matter what the situation was. Blasting up steep grades and into turns was fantastic. The BF of course was the best on the hills/steep inclines. It didn’t want to leave the ground very easily though. In fact my body wanted to keep traveling up while the BF stuck to the trail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

There is about 40 acres across the highway from me that is very hilly with lots of rocks, down trees, ruts. I have the owner’s permission to cut firewood from the trees that are down. I went driving around out there looking for trees (got stung by three yellow jackets too, they are very bad this year). This BF is just amazing words cant describe how well it climbs/creeps over every thing within reason. I was doing U-turns on pretty steep inclines and did not feel any danger of tipping at all. The engine breaking was perfect. Climbed over everything, that could clear the bottom, as if it wasn’t there. Of course that got me in trouble (yellow jackets) a few times. I don’t have the winch on it yet so I don’t know how it will do moving some larger trees around. If I get time I will go back over there and take pictures

Old 07-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

congrats on the machines colmac, im real close to ya. im selling my rincon and picking up a camo one in the next couple of weeks when it comes in. ck out my website and email me sometime, we will have to get together and ride. My Website

Old 07-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Holy ****
man that things makes the V look tiny
and the V make sother quads look tiny
they should rename it to the Behemoth Force!

nice pics your a lucky man

Old 07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Colmac, i think i saw u got the brute force in the back of the chevy i believe and shut the tailgate!! i have have 03 chevy silverado xtened cab, was wondering if i could a brute force in there and shut the tailgate or bring my trailer because i just bought a camo brute force. dont trust a atv in the back of the truck with out shutting the tailgate. too much of a risk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ya know!

Old 07-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Grizz,where did you find a Camo Brute Force in New York and how much was it out the door? SS

Old 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

grizzkiller,
Yeah, I have a 2500 8.1L with Allison transmission and crew cab, standard bed. That BF is JAM-ed in there. I had to compress the tires on the BF to get the gate to shut. I did put on the parking break of the BF but that thing is not going to move in there. In fact I was not sure about putting it in the trailer cause the tie down strap I have is not for too heavy a load. 600 plus pounds moving at 50-60 mph is going to put one heck of a stress on the tie down in a sudden stop or movement. If you do tow with a trailer bring some strong tie-downs. Btw, as I am driving down the road and I glance in the rear view I have freaked myself out. Looks like someone is more than on your bummper [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 07-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

Mudcon, Hey neighbor,
Btw, where in dawson county are you where you took those pictures?. I don’t know of any place around here (unless it is private land) where they let you ride anymore. In fact I live pretty close to amicalola and they are pretty dang rude about answering any questions about areas around them that used to be opened.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Slightlystock, um actually i put a down payment on one last saturday and the dealer told me he would have one in 2 weeks, actually he said he was gonna have 45 of them(various colors) thats more than 3 states combined. It was in pennsylvania, Honesdale, the dealer is Rusty Palmers, claims to be the largest dealer on the east coast, i have bought all of my toys there. he gave me a price of 7399 out the door, but that is no sales tax because i'm from new york, it is also without the winch, but i may ask for it anyway and have them put it on just so i dont have to do it, gettin lazy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700