Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700

Let me tell you where I purchased my ATV’s. This has to be the nicest bunch of people (dealers) I have meet in a while. They were up front with prices right from the start. The place is called: SMITH BROTHERS OF ONEONTA 2335 2nd Ave E Oneonta, AL 35121 (205) 274-0789.

I got the Brute Force for $7299 plus a WARN 2.5 for $69.00! and the KFX700 for $5999 and those are Out The Door prices!. I called all around Georgia and not one person was willing to come even close to those prices.

I live in north Georgia and the terrain up here is somewhat mountainous as mountainous is in Georgia. The BF is awesome! It climbs over anything. I haven’t had it over 30mph as I live in very thick woods. I am building a rock walkway or really rebuilding it with larger rocks to make it more stable. I used the BF to drag 200+ lbs rocks around on a sled. I hardly feel the rocks behind me!

I bought the KFX700 for a little faster riding but haven’t had time to take it out somewhere more appropriate.

I see in a lot of forums that people are asking questions about how fast/maneuverable, etc. The BF is. Well, I think if you want something fast then buy something that is designed for racing like the KFX or YFZ. The place for the BF is really in it’s ability to be driven slowly and just about anywhere. Yeah, maybe it can hit 60-70 mph but I don’t think you really want to be going half that fast back in the woods, take my word for it even small trees can remove your arm when you hit’em.

Btw, the BF is a monster when seen in person. I am not a giant, 5’9 @150. When I sit on this thing it feels like I am sitting in a jeep. My wife, 5’3 has no problem controlling it as well. I have some picutures in my profile area. Can anyone tell me how to link my images I uploaded to this post? - thanks in advance.

A few have asked about the winch. The mounting plates are not ready yet but smith brothers said they would ship them to me when they got some in.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

congrats man you got two awesome machines.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a brute as well, it's a great machine. IMO, it's got the great agressive look of a Grizzly, and an amazing 4-valve twin 750 that can't be matched by anyone else.

There are guys that buy these big bore utilities for the fun of it, I'm one of them. For me, that's mostly "fire road" type trail riding and snow plowing. Heck, I have 4 different wheeled toys in my garage (3 of them dirt), and the big bad brute is the slowest! That doesn't change the smile on my face when I mash the accelerator going up a muddy hill in 4x4 with the diff locked. It's a blast, a true enthusiasts machine. Realistically, if absolute speed is your primary concern going through the trails, you shouldn't be on 4 wheels at all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info on the winch. I picked my BF up last week, and they never mentioned it! They're lucky they're closed on Monday, or I'd be knocking on their door right now. I want my $69 winch... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

they said they did not have the mounting plates for the BF yet. But when they get them in they would ship them to me. I did a search on the web and found that they had that 69 dollar deal far back as 2003. If you did not talk about winches with them maybe they dont say anything. I had been asking for a Warn 4.0 and that is when they told me about the 69 dollar deal. Dont know if I will regret getting it rather than the 3.0 or 4.0 I really wanted one that can winch a down tree around for cutting up for a splitter.

Old 07-19-2004, 11:08 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: colmac
Can anyone tell me how to link my images I uploaded to this post? - thanks in advance.
Nice rides!!!

Colin,

Hit on the camera under your screen name to the left to bring up your photo page and then you can copy and paste that link.

Also your page is in the photo gallery under C

Old 07-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

congrats on the purchases and welcome to the forusm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

colmac -

Did your Brute come with the storage container in the back? Mine did not...

Old 07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

only under the seat. from what i understand that is an option you buy. I was thinking maybe a PVC pipe about 4" with those clean out caps that unscrew could be mounted in its place.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys I'm curious to see how much bigger the Brute is compared to the V would it be possible to get a picture with them side by side?

Old 07-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

ok Budwsr,
I posted the BF and V in different positions. Click on the camera under my picture icon

Quick Reply: Just Bought Brute Force and KFX700