Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinner head gasket for more compression?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinner head gasket for more compression?

Shotgun, those BF750s are pretty fast. I raced one last week at my local dealer and in .1 of a mile it beat me by 3 atv lengths and was pulling away. But I didnt have the degree key in at that time like I do now.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

I just read your other post about the key, good post. Have you degreed your cams?

three or four people on here posting speeds of over 70 MPH, as high as 74 MPH.

The thing that will be hard to over come on the BF will be the larger carbs.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the comment on the other post.

I havent degreed the cams. I was just thinking about using Mickey Ds cams with the higher compression?? I havent talked with Mickey D about this yet but what do you guys think about that compared with moving the stock cams? I feel more comfortable with a thinner head gasket than playing with the cam chain.

Im thinking porting the intakes and porting and polishing up the exhaust will cancell out the larger carbs of the BF.

While Im thinking about it, does anyone have Mickey Donlaps phone number and the time to call him?

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Nyroc keeps mickey dunlap's phone number in his prairie tech tips. email mdunlap@bedford.net or call (814)842-6159

You are getting the dunlap cams? They are better than the web, penland and Vforce cams. They require higher comp, though.

Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

I'm just throwing out ideas, I haven't seen the BF yet.

DWB just did the V cam thing, but I would think Mickey's would be better with the higher comp, if you went that way.

The thing is, your talking about hanging with a stock BF, how long will it be stock.

I know one of Mickey kits would put you to the front of the pack.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Mickey D's # 814 842 6159

Old 07-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, Paul, I think its funny how you refer to yourself in "3rd person". Thanks guys for the phone number. I will call him later on.

Im looking at the Mickey D cams with "if needed" stronger valve springs and raising the compression the cheapest way, "whatever that way is".

Shotgun, most guys with a new BF will not mod it past jetting/intake and a module "if they even know about that". You would be suprised and how many guys I talk with that dont know the modules or Dyna cdi exist.

Mickeys BBK would do wonders and I would love to have one but thats more money than Im willing to spend at this time.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, KOD.

However, I saw on a post in this forum and another one that a guy is starting to copy the repair manual into his website. I think that will make that nyroc guys stuff obsolete.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

It must be something in the water, in NC...LOL...

Old 07-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, Paul, I will never be able to "nor am I trying to" surpass your website. All I can do is put pictures up and use a scanner LOL.

You are the man with the web plan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just want to be able to CLEARLY out run you next time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Save your money and just turn that little screw in on my handlebars! It won't take much to beat my 650. It isn't modded much.

I hope you dont get attacked by those anti guys (that attacked me) for having cool and useful stuff on your website.

Quick Reply: Thinner head gasket for more compression?