Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Nyroc, need your advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nyroc, need your advise

Nyroc, have a bad situation here. Before I took delivery of my new A/Cat 650, I had the dealer rejet for altitude. While starting to service air cleaner last night, I dicovered that they did not re-install the crankcase breather hose to the airbox base allowing unfiltered air direct route to carbs. ( Needless to say, my dealer wont be having a good day today ) The crankcase breather hose is caked with dirt on the inside lining. One would think that replacing or cleaning the hose would be a no brainer but my question is do you feel more damage may be done by grabbing / handling hose, allowing dirt to drop into crankcase ? Second, as this hose is a bitch to get to, my other concern is that these mental giants might screw something else up in the process. How would you approach this whole situation Nyroc ? Also, many thanks for your website !! I appreciate your help on this.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Slag,

Not Nyroc, but here are my thoughts, for what they are worth... You might try grabbing the hose as low as you can w/ a pair of linesman pliers. Squeeze real tight and nothing should fall through. The bigger concern is if dirt has fallen into the crankcase from the hose. It would seem that while running at speed the crankcase would "push" air out the breather, but when idleing, or turned off, dirt might have fallen down it.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

My thought was to slice the hose in a few places along the case outlet so that less force is required to remove the hose as well. There is still plenty of room for fumes to vent through the hose and the dirt seems to be retained by the oil " film " so not sure if Id be better off just leaving it alone. Of course, I just changed the oil and filter ( third change ) before I found this and will have to change again if hose is disturbed. Oh well, no big deal there. Id also like to thank you and some of the other Prairie owners for helping out us Cat owners with your input in past post. It is appreciated.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Not a problem! Always glad to help someone out. These forums have been the largest source of information for me since I have gotten into ATVs back in 2000. As you can see, from my signature, I have Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki quads. My first quad was a Honda Rancher. It doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you ride!