Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

B-Force lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-Force lowrider

Hello, a new member here.
I purchased a Brute Force last week and thought I would post a few comments on it for those interested. First, I have been following various forums on this and other web sites for some time trying to get an idea of the pros and cons of the currently available 4-wheelers on the market. After viewing them at the dealerships (except for the King Quad of course), I decided on the B-Force. Now, the only reason I did not wait untill the King Quad came out before I decided which one to purchase is from a previous bad experience with the only Suzuki dealership in my area. I simply refuse to do business with them.
Anyways, this IS a big looking quad, no doubt. However I found that once one starts riding, it doesn't seem nearly as large as it looks and in fact I found it quite maneuverable on fairly tight trails out behind my house. EXCEPT the tall riding position. The problem here is, for me, that I am 5' 7" and with the extra-tall seat I can't get my weight shifted over enough "the other way" when cornering, sidehilling, off cambers ect. and keep my feet on the floorboards. After just about loosing it on a downhill off-camber corner I decided to get the seat lowered. I brought it to a upholstery shop that does a lot of motorcycle work and told them what I wanted (lower, narrower).
BIG difference. Seat hight was 33 3/4 inchs with the stock wheels. WAY easier to ride and move around on. And no, it is not as comfortable as the stock seat but not bad at all. This inspired me to get a set of ITP type 5's and 26" Mud-lites. Again, big difference over stock. Rides a lot different with the new tires, weighs a whopping 14 lbs. more than stock on each wheel! This is noticable, but cornering is better not to mention that I can now actually go through mud. Wider track now as well. Not sure if I like that or not.
I'll try and link a photo.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default B-Force lowrider

33.75! That is lower than the Prairie (34.3). Wow.

Of the two problems I have had with the BF, you just fixed both of them. The width needs to be wider for stability, and the seat needs to be lower for stability off camber.

I am 6', but I have long legs and would not be as concerned about the seat height in the same way as you are.

Yes, I am dying to see your photos. Was there anything done to it to get the seat lower other than less padding?

Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 PM
MDG
Range Rover
Default B-Force lowrider

Would love to see the photos as well. That was the one thing that I didn't like.

NYROC
Do you have any Idea how the CG of the BF compares to the KQ? I would think that even though the KQ seat is lower, The position of the air box and the gas tank would make the CG lower on the BF.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default B-Force lowrider

I do not know which one has a lower CG. The KQ also has a rear tank, as far as I can tell. I haven't seen either one in person. I am dying to see the BF.

I think the CG distance above the frame is about the same. The BF can keep it's crank and tranny lower due to the shorter stroke. Each head is smaller and shorter.

Suzuki obviously worked hard on the KQ, it is no slouch.

The BF has a V. That is big in my book. I don't need EFI, but would be nice. If I could be happy with this seat mod here, I would probably be solb on a BF. The battery is under the seat, under groin. That battery could be moved. I don't know what else could be moved. The battery might be able to go lots of places.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Range Rover
Default B-Force lowrider

Moving the battery would not help. It is positioned in between and slightly lower than the upper frame tubes.

Brian

Old 07-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default B-Force lowrider

We could move the frame down too. But, that might not be necessary. I wanna see photos.

The place where your fanny goes is further back. The seat is really thick there. It probably could loose some thickness and still be comfy. It the BF seat was as hard as the P650/700 seat, it would still be a more comfortable ride with IRS. When I hit a rock with the front tire, I barely feel it, but when the back tire hits, I feel it a lot.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Range Rover
Default B-Force lowrider

What do you want pics of? I can snap a few tonight and put them out on the web for ya. Thanks for the toe-in procedure. Hopefully, 1/16th toed in at 24" will not affect my ride with the new ATRs.

Brian

Old 07-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default B-Force lowrider

O.K., well I dont have my own web page and I cant figure out any way to link my photos directly to this forum. Nyroc (or somebody), if you give me an address I can e-mail them to, you could post them or just check them out. I had to go out and recheck my seat hight measurements that I had posted just to make sure I was not hallucianating. With (now) 26" Mud-lites, as measured with 6' bubble level and tape measure on flat surface, seat hight is exactly 34 3/4". The seat is stock except for foam reshaping. I told the upholstery man what the problem was and to remove as much as he thought possible. Again, he is familar with motorcycles and snowmachines so it was his "best judgement" call.
So far I am totally happy with this modification, but have not yet gone for any rides over 2 hours. I don't forsee any problems however.

Also, anyone know how to reset the 10 hour belt warning light yet? Mine will be due very shortly.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default B-Force lowrider

I posted his photos, see my next post.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default B-Force lowrider

O.k. Nyroc, they are on the way

Quick Reply: B-Force lowrider