Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

pipe experience with hmf

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pipe experience with hmf

I talked with hmf about a pipe for a twin peaks. They said they don't make one, so I said 700 prairi, they said yes but don't try to put it on a twin peaks or they will dot take any return because it will not fit and you will have to cut plastic but some have bought it and modified there bike but they do not advise it. I called a dealer and had them order it for a prairi on july6. Thought it would come that week. After the next week I called them and dealer. Hmf finally said they were having a problem with the end cap. They gave a tracking # on the 15th. I thought it was coming that week. Here it is now and still no pipe. The ups # expired on the 20th. Hmf said the echo pipe would give 4hp mid and 3 top. Almost as good as the utility pipe without the noise. I say a dyno on 700 prairi on atv nation that showed less than one half of a horse poiwer. Another shop that new them called them and they said that they never dynoed the prairi and where did you get that figure. I don't like being lyed to and being the guinney pig for this pipe. Somebody must have had on to post the dyno. Why they had so many problems building my pipe I don't know. They don't give you a straight answer. ONce they told me 269 plus 20 shipping , the next time he said 289, I paid 269 ples 20. After I say it retailing for 239 from other adds. Does anybody have one of these echo series pipes ?

Old 07-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

No echo here but thinking about their Full system. Sorry I cant help, maybe someone else can.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer

I run mike penland hmf.The best hmf I owned so far.The custumer service was great .I odred my pipe on tuesday and had it on thrusday.They wore great to deal with

Old 07-29-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

How loud is the penland pipe? Will thje quiet core insert guiet it down tp 94 decibils, like hmf says?

Old 07-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

Ask Maryland Atv.

he has a full Penland HMF

sounds great, not too loud but noticeable.

his p700 is the only one that can keep up with my vforce that i know.
stock p700 has NO chance.

i'd say it runs good with it on .

Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

The penland is alot quetier than more old hmf pipe i had

Old 07-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Why the heck would you have to modify and cut plastic to put a Prairie pipe on a Twinpeaks? Are they not the exact same machines except for the colors, decals and front bumper?

Old 07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks John! Yea I like the Pipe and found the service at HMF to be good as well? Ask to speak to Hans he's the owner, atv rider, racer, and very nice guy. Also when you can talk to the owner of a company you know your dealing with a company that cares-IMO. There is no quite core for the HMF Penland Pipe, They have what they call a TRM torque range modifier insert. It may drop the sound a tinny bit but its more for spreading out the power. Also don't spend your money on a slip-on! I found this system quieter and better then the HMF slip-on I had. And you'll be wishing you would have got the full system in the first place! Pass on echo as well,, If performance is what your really looking for? The head pipes and over all design on the Penland along with the Ballance are more performance geared. Ive seen the Twin peaks and don't see any reason why the system wont fit? didn't look like anything was in the way? If you do have to do a little trim'in, It maybe worth it to you? it was for me..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ~coop

PS: I just picked up some cool looking Thermotec Graphite Black Exhaust
Wrap along with keeping the heat in, it could help a bit with sound??
But the sound isnt really all that bad? If anything its kinda sweeeeet!~lol

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
>
exhaust wrap
Vcams
4* key
on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 07-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Marylandatv, did you say you had an HMF slip on for sale or something?

Old 07-30-2004, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

maryland-Where did you get your exhaust wrap from? How much?

Quick Reply: pipe experience with hmf