Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

"cushy vs tippy" "pol700 vs BF"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "cushy vs tippy" "pol700 vs BF"

For 1 thing, the BF suspension is far from the best out there and if anyone says it is, is kidding himself. For a irs quad, it's not a whole lot better then a SRA. It's got to be the stiffest ride for irs. If you want a sporty ride with great power, then the Bombs are number 1. If power isn't #1, then the Rincon is hard to beat with the KQ700 right behind. The SP700 has the best suspension for all day riding, and can be riden somewhat aggressive, but the weight takes the fun factor out of it. The BF are tippy, but get better with new wheels and tires, but still is not the best. But a good set of Works or Elka's and it's a new ballgame. I've raced many XC events, and the BF are not that competative with there stock suspension at all. Where as the Bomb, Rincon, KQ700, and even the SP do pretty good with stock suspension. One thing the BF does have going is the engine. Very nice power. But the power out does the chassie in stock form. Check out any GNCC or XC races and you will see.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

i have the 650i with Elkas. love it, but i loved it before the Elkas, too. the Elkas just doubled the fun/comfort factor. i have ridden my 650i past where any other machine i have ridden with wanted to go, and ridden safely where others have rolled. i do believe that the rider is the biggest variable here. this is assuming good tires tho... i ride bighorns, best for my trails, but that is subjective and others have their favorites.

Elkas are a big decision, tho. if you can get over to my area, you are more than welcome to ride mine.

monty

Old 10-28-2006, 01:51 PM
TTP
Range Rover

I went for a ride last night with the Polaris , going through some rough dry mud ruts.
I was rerally impressed with the softness of the ride.
The seat is also very soft.
I took a similar ride with the Brute last week and my body was jolted
quite abit going through this very rough hardened mud ruts.

I love both machines, however if I could only keep one, it may be the Polaris.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Range Rover

-
Geez, Monty,

I don't even know what half the stuff on your machine is! What are Elkas?

GJRonK

Old 10-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

Elkas are shocks.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

yea, google "Elka suspension" and you should be able to find the page. they make high end shocks for lots of applications. they are kinda pricey, but wow. i just float over stuff i had to slow down and pick a line through before. i had them set up for rock crawling from the factory instead of the high speed stuff like jumps and whoops.

the other stuff in my sig is the normal upgrades. i kinda take the mods seriously because i ride double with the GF on rugged trails sometimes 50 miles or more from the nearest highway, usually with no other atv along. a major failure means a long walk and getting "scolded" the whole way out. so i do my best to make it reliable as possible. i do all of the work on my atv myself. i don't trust some of the mechanics i've seen at the dealerships.

but a free low speed handling mod is to unhook the sway bar. i tried it, and the sway bar is now in the spare parts box in my garage. high speed cornering is worse, but putzing down the trails like i do is smoother. worth a shot.

monty

Old 10-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, this thread was brought back from the dead!! Aug 04? fitting since it is almost Halloween 06!!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree in the Stock form, the Brute 750 is too stiff.
On my '05 BF750 I installed a full set of the WORKS Shocks w/itp wheels, frt ATRs & Rear Badlands with Excellent results.
I just bought a '07 BF750 on Friday, switch over the itp wheels from the '05 but didn't have the time to switch over the Works Shocks. I feel after riding my '05 BF for the last 2 yrs w/the WORKs, the '07 BF suffers too with the Stock Shocks. Todays ride on the '07 BF 750 was a fast pace setting. Handling with the '07 BF is vastly improved vs the '05/06 models. The hard steering is gone, the lightness to the front end is no-more & the Handling is outstanding but the Stock Shocks Suck. The '07 even powerslides with ease & there is more power thru-out the powerband. Now with the upgraded WORKS Shocks on the '07, everything will be perfect, except for the Seat but that is a easy & cheap, price wise, Fix..

Old 10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

i agree. the stock shocks suck they are way too stiff the rider has to take some of the beating i wonder if anyone offers softer springs to replace the stock ones?anyone know?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check on High-lifter forums, I believe that is where I saw the Springs only available for the Brutes.

Quick Reply: "cushy vs tippy" "pol700 vs BF"