Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Will the red spring.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the red spring.......

Will the red prymarie spring help in any other way then hard take offs? I mean if im going 5 mph and hit WOT will it accelerate any faster than it did with the stock spring? Also will it affect the top speed of my P650??? thanx

Old 08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know about the red spring, but the EPI pink spring (or the equivalent Dalton spring) will engage about like the stock spring does. If you hit it at 5 mph, it will definitely get goin'. Call Dalton or EPI, tell them your tire size and how you ride, they'll tell you which spring.

I have 25" mudrunners and EPI said use the pink spring. Call either, but I guess Dalton is on this forum so I would call him first.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

Second the Dalton Blue it works great in our bikes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have blue in one bike and red in another with dalton clutch plate and 58g wieghts..I like the way the red pulls..Does get a little squerly though..Just hang on..My vote is for the red..2cents

Old 08-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I can tell you first hand that any spring is better than the stock spring the P650 comes with. I have the EPI Red and actually have it in now. You will feel more power and also have more power on take offs. After you get going 5-7mph you wont feel any difference in power or speed. The springs will be different but it will take a person with a stop watch to tell the difference. The Red spring "and most all springs" will not effect top speed in any way on a stock or slightly modded P650. The Red spring will definately get you there quicker though. The EPI Red is one of the fastest springs you can run. But, a lot of guys dont like it because it does have a high stall rate compared to other springs. This high stall rate makes technical trail riding harder. This can be overcome by holding the brake until the belt engages. Then you can make a very smooth pull out.

A lot of guys with modded engines like the Dalton Blue for the higher rpms it makes. I may switch to one later on. I have been running the Dalton Plain/white for a long time and am very satisfied with it for a general purpose trail/performance spring. The EPI red will easily out perform the Plain/White but they are made for different purposes.

If you want a drag racing spring, with what I know you have, go with the EPI Red or Dalton Black/White. Im sure there are many other good springs on the market its just I havent played with any of them. Im getting a Dalton orange/blue soon and am looking forward to testing it.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

thank you kod.... thank you very much..... tommy

Old 08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

No problem, just glad I could offer some insight.