Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Back from vacation, report on the Brute. UPDATED AT BOTTOM of first post

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from vacation, report on the Brute. UPDATED AT BOTTOM of first post

Originally posted by: idahopraire
kawiyowee, here is my impressions comparing the P650 and 750.

In either low or hi gear the 650 takes some throttle to get it rolling, trying that same amount of throttle on the 750 will end up with a monster wheelie, it has that much more torque and power and seems better off the start.

Jerry
Must have a lot more power than the BF750 I rode.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default Back from vacation, report on the Brute. UPDATED AT BOTTOM of first post

Kissofdeath, while on vacation I found a nice wide, straight gravel road. My wife and I drag raced, she steadily pulled away like I was in low gear!!! Do you know what's really sad? I had the throttle limitted to half on the 750. The power of this bike actually scares me a bid, in either low or hi gear, and at what ever speed, if you bury the throttle the front end gets VERY light, even at 50 miles per hour.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Im sure some are faster than other just like the P650 and P700s are. You better hold on to that one.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Literally!

Old 08-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

i would think speed/power would never be enuogh...i just read in dirtwheels they said the brute force was to powerfull?

Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

IdahoPrairie: I would take what KOD said to heart. There can a lot of difference in speed of same model Prairies, bike to bike. I know that's true of the P650's. There's some slow ones that you can't get to wheelie no matter what you do to them. Then there's some that will wheelie stock.

All we're saying is, make sure you don't get a 'slow' 750. Ride the new one next to your first one before signing for it.

On my other post, I was just saying that the P700 is no slouch, and it would be a better comparison to the BF than your 650. It might even beat the BF on trails due to the SRA and better handling.

Whatever....it's your moolah and your choice....have fun, take care of your shoulder and your honey.

btw: You've taken some pretty good whacks at 650's....I'll have to tell you, my boy, there is no stock 360 that will take my 650 on any kind of trail, tight or not.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

great review

Old 08-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

ok, you promised her you would not ride it yet you were blasting around on fire roads, hitting corners the same way you wrecked last time? On a machine with IRS? Be safe out there.

Good review though. Looks like the BF is a brute.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BarelyLegal
ok, you promised her you would not ride it yet you were blasting around on fire roads, hitting corners the same way you wrecked last time? On a machine with IRS? Be safe out there.
OUCH!! Just because I had a wreck after YEARS of riding doesn't mean I'm a total moron, I tested the machine but didn't push it to the limit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
As a profesional mountain guide I figured I would have been killed by now running some big whitewater or dead on some high altitude mountain somewhere.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

kod from your video i believe the 650 is faster than the bf. but ive have rode the 700 king quad and ive had a650 and im telling you test ride the king quad before you buy.

Quick Reply: Back from vacation, report on the Brute. UPDATED AT BOTTOM of first post