Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

anyone with a 650 shop manual..KOD??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with a 650 shop manual..KOD??

nyroc is right, I do take request for anything anyone needs from the service manual. Trouble is my brother in law has my manual and it looks like it will be over three weeks before I get it back from him. Metallikev, when I get it back and if you dont have one I will scan what ever you need.

8 Years is great customfabandweld. One day I WILL be able to say that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the help KOD.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

**UPDATE** ok,its all taken apart..the grinding is coming from the swingarm bearings..and.its coming from the driveline...my drive boot has a 6 inch gash in it....things have definetly taken a turn for the worse...

Old 08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It has. I sure wish I had my manual and I could scan the entire secion of the swingarm, rear diff., axle and brakes.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

If your u-joint is rusty or busted, it is easy and not very expensive.

If your shaft splines are rusted and ruined, I am not sure how hard it is to fix and might need engine removal.

If there is a problem at the rear end, it is actually very easy to take apart, but probably not cheap. I took my rear diff housing apart, it is no big deal.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

well,the damage isnt as bad as one would think,there is no spline or rod damage just a bit of rust which i have sanded off using 180 grit..there is a fair amount of dirt inside the housing but ive gotten most of that out using wd40 and elbow grease..the right side bearings were shot..only peices of them left(ill post pics)..waiting on my local dealer to get the replacment boot for the drive line..they were only 2 dollars more than ron ayers and can have it tommarow morning..ronayers told me thursday at the earliest it is gonna cost me an extra 25 bux for overnight shipping for a total of about 30 dollars..RA wanted 50 for the thursday delivery..pics to follow..,...

Old 08-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

KISSSOFDEATH - Go to Kawasaki.com and copy and paste the blow up from there.

Metallikev
I have posted this before but better re post it.
Under the rear diff skid plate I found a Swing Arm plug to be missing. I shredded 2 boots and pushed one off for no apparent reason until I found and plugged that hole. At first I put on a Ricochet skidplate and it has almost 2" more inches of boot protection. It still happened. After I installed the plug it stopped? Hmmm?

Old 08-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Metal, if you cleaned it without the driveshaft in place, you might have gotten dirt in the rear diff because the driveshaft not being there opens up a big gap allowing dirt to get past the seal.

I hope not. But if you did it is a snap to dissasemble and clean if you have a really beefy impact wrench for the rear axle bolts.

Old 08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

I was kinda afraid of that nyroc..i noticed the gap...but i dont have any impact tools...if the rear assmbly comes apart do spring fly and gears fall? and which rear axle bolts are you refering too?..makes me nervous opening up that rear end housing..ive looked at the schematics and theres a topn of stuff in there..therock,i didnt notice anything missing..where was the plug you lost?..Ive been all over the housing.

Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Under the rear differential skid plate, remove it and look. There should be a gray rubber plug in a hole just like the side ones on the swingarm.

Quick Reply: anyone with a 650 shop manual..KOD??