Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Winch Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Winch Mounts

I had to pay $89 bucks for the winch mount,it was his only one and he said they where backordered and didnt know when he would get more in so I got it and installed my winch on sat. What das everyone paid for their mount?

Old 08-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

If you don't want to wait around and are mechanically inclined, you can make your own, all you need is some steel and a welder. It took me about an hour to make mine between taking the bumper off and test fitting, just be carefull I had to mount mine off center so my 27 inch tires wouldn't rub the winch when I cornered

Old 08-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: silverado
I had to pay $89 bucks for the winch mount,it was his only one and he said they where backordered and didnt know when he would get more in so I got it and installed my winch on sat. What das everyone paid for their mount?
you should have gotten the winch(warn 2.5) and the mount for 69.00. Kawasaki has a promo going for all 2005 4x4's http://www.kawasaki.com/community/promotions.asp

Old 08-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: colmac
Originally posted by: silverado
you should have gotten the winch(warn 2.5) and the mount for 69.00. Kawasaki has a promo going for all 2005 4x4's http://www.kawasaki.com/community/promotions.asp

Yea but your dealer has to be a participateing in the winch deal right? Mine said he wasnt one and had to charge me msrp if I done the winch deal. Does this sound right?

Old 08-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

well, I am not sure how Kawasaki works with it's dealers but at Kawasaki’s website ,http://www.kawasaki.com/community/promotions.asp , they show this deal. Now, If Kawasaki is sending winches to this dealer and he is turning around and selling them at another price as well as mount brackets at a price then maybe Kawasaki should know about it. I guess before I started any thing with the dealer I would call Kawasaki and ask them direct about the deal and if your dealer is suppose to be giving you the deal. I wouldn’t go accusing the dealer of anything or confronting the dealer until you know what the rules are and rather or not their dealers are required to participate. I would also ask Kawasaki if your dealer is one of the dealers you can get a winch from. If they tell you, “yes, we send winches to that dealer”, then I would guess you have your answer and they are ripping off customers. I don’t think that Kawasaki would be happy if they are sending these WARN’s out to the dealers and they are charging the customers full price. Maybe the dealer is buying his own winches and charging what he feels he needs too. I have read that some of the dealers are getting the promo from Kawasaki and charging customers full price. However, I have not read what dealers are doing this and I don’t know if it is just people posting BS to get a rise out of people on the message boards. Good luck working out a deal because this is a VERY good deal as you know and I hope your dealer isn’t one of the bad guys out there.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

Whenever I got mine the dealer didn't even tell me about the winch they just ask did I need any accessories and they were gonna add it to the bill.Well I got home and was checking things out on the internet and on the kawi site I seen the winch promo. so I called the dealer and ask them about it and they played dumb even having someone call Kawi while they had me on the phone,the person yelled back and said yes they are running a promo. so he told me over the phone that I could get one and that they would order me one if I wanted,they did and I just got it and on the receipt it showed the total of the winch and mount minus the discount given.

I think the discount was a dealer loss thats why they don't tell you about promos.you have to ask and if you paid much more than that I would ask them to explain why and I'm sure they will, but call Kawi and ask them first.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: BigRanchN
Whenever I got mine the dealer didn't even tell me about the winch they just ask did I need any accessories and they were gonna add it to the bill.Well I got home and was checking things out on the internet and on the kawi site I seen the winch promo. so I called the dealer and ask them about it and they played dumb even having someone call Kawi while they had me on the phone,the person yelled back and said yes they are running a promo. so he told me over the phone that I could get one and that they would order me one if I wanted,they did and I just got it and on the receipt it showed the total of the winch and mount minus the discount given.I think the discount was a dealer loss thats why they don't tell you about promos.you have to ask and if you paid much more than that I would ask them to explain why and I'm sure they will, but call Kawi and ask them first.
According to my dealer, he pays $175 ($69 comes from you!), and Kawi picks up the rest. So the winch costs the dealer around $106, and that's why they're reluctant to participate.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

I just talked to Kawi customer service, the winch mount is NOT included in the $69 deal.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: idahopraire
I just talked to Kawi customer service, the winch mount is NOT included in the $69 deal.
My dealer included it. This is right off the kawi site:

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. Offer valid 07/01/04 through 11/30/04 on new, not previously registered Kawasaki 4x4 ATVs. Offer includes winch or plow blade assembly, mounting brackets, manual lift kit for the plow, and all hardware as approved by Kawasaki. Winch plow kit may not be available for all models at time of sale. Installation not included. Valid only at participating dealers.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

The way Kawasaki customer service interpretted the promotion was that in the wording "winch or plow, mounting bracket...." in that the plow included a mount, not the winch or they would have worded it differently. Between the overpriced winch mount and upgraded $500 skid plates I think Kawasaki could include these item in the price of an $8k toy.

Quick Reply: Brute Force Winch Mounts