Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

honest opinion, what is most reliable brand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honest opinion, what is most reliable brand?

my 1980 xr80 honda is still runing strong! they are the unkillabl atvs and dirtbikes!

Old 08-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Look like ATV Connection's most reliable brand is??

HONDA!!!

See the bottom first Page of my Web Site or See on My Photo Page!
Runs like a Clock! The ATV that started it ALL The 1969 ATC/US 90!!!
~Chris
www.ATC90.com

www.MarylandATV.com
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
exhaust wrap
>
Vcams
4* key
on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 08-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

Having owned Polaris, i would have to go with Polaris. But i've heard that Kawasaki is the next best. My uncle and cousin have ridden Kawasaki's/Honda's all their lifes and they say the Kawasaki's hardly ever break. My rank;

1) Polaris... 2) Kawasaki... 3) Honda... 4) Yamaha... 5) Suzuki

Bombardier ???
Arctic Cat ???

Old 08-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Honda Hands Down

Old 08-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

To tell you the honest truth, I couldn't care less which one is supposedly "reliable". I ride with mostly Honda guys and their machines break down just like mine does. I busted a cv joint once, but I hammered the axle back where it should have been and managed to ride it out of the bush. I even needed 4 wheel drive, and with the diff locker on the 650, I made it through some nasty stuff on my ride out. My buddy on his 450 ES just toasted a rear axle bearing, but he rode it out. True, I wrench on my 650 more than they do their Hondas, but I enjoy doing maintenance. And when I let my Honda buddies ride my 650, they come back with a huge grin and a "I wish my Honda went like that." All the new quads are pretty much created equal. I wouldn't hesitate owning any of the flagship 4x4s, but I'll stick with Kawie right now. V-twin power!!!!!!! There ain't nothing like it!!

Old 08-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer

I've only owned Suzukis for my atv's (since the mid 80's) and their bulletproof. I've owned Yamahas and Hondas for my motocross bikes and have had good luck with both also. If you take care of them, they'll take care of you.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Rolling on 3 (wheels)

My Boss has an 03 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4, thats done very well for us. (bought it in 08) the only things we had to replace besides normal maintenance items, (Filters, Plugs), are the Tires and a ignition switch. we use it for parts gathering and for pulling cars around the yard. it will easily pull a fully loaded 69 Plymouth GTX, with a little weight on the back.

it replaced an 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 that was nothing but trouble, plus the front wheels always lifted off the ground, even with nothing on the quad, made it almost impossible to drive anywhere. adding 100 lbs ballast to the front did nothing, someone still had to sit on the front of it for it to go anywhere. constant fuel and electrical issues, (most of the time, it wouldnt start, and we had to mess with it until it did.)

the only things I had personally had for any legnth of time was an old honda Three wheeler and an 06 Viva 150 ATV (china quad) the rest of my experiences are based on the Atvs Ive used at work and ones i borrowed from friends.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will stick with my Can-Am. Its all a matter of choice, but from what I see, everything you really need comes with a Can-Am when you buy it(winch, hitch, good bumpers). I haven't seen anything ride better than a Can-AM. Honda's are decent, and I like yamaha's too(ATV's, not sxs's). I've ridden Honda's and Can Am's extensively in Montana. Can-Am is a much better ride and have had less break downs than the Hondas.....in our case.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll stick with my Grizzly. I don't ride as much as I used to. I wouldn't mind having something with efi and power steering, those would be the 2 things I wish the 660 had. Otherwise, it has more than enough power most of the time. It tops out at a little over 60 mph but I seldom get above about 35-40 mph. The torque of the big single is nice though. It rides great and has good brakes and engine braking. Its just not quite as easy to manuver as the newer eps equipped quads and it takes a little patience to start it as it needs a min or 2 to warm up when cold with the carb. Something with more power would be nice but I can't justify paying extra for it when I already have something that runs great and is very capable and is no slouch in the power department. If I wanted to spend money on something, I'd buy a newer truck first.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard anything bad about a grizzly. And there's a few others that have done well also. But you are right, it's tough to go back once you've had EPS. My Can Am goes faster than I will ever need to on an ATV and has plenty of power for me and the wife. Kinda funny since you mentioned it, even with EFI, my Can Am takes a minute or 2 to really idle steady. But thank goodness for EPS for sure!

Quick Reply: honest opinion, what is most reliable brand?