Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 V-Force - Sport or Utility?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 V-Force - Sport or Utility?

I was wondering something about the V-Force. When I was riding it yesterday at my cousins ranch, I was thinking wow this is one cool atv. It runs great, goes fast and looks cool. But what is it? A sport or utility atv? It has automatic transmission which is different from sport atv's and it also weighs more than other sports, but it doesn't have the look of a utility. What do you think? I own a Polaris Predator 500 and I think the Kawasaki KFX is almost as cool as the Predator. Any opinions?

Old 08-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

i would consider it a sport quad.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

No racks, winch, tow hitch, lack of trip-o-meter or any significant instruments , lack of adequate splash protection from mud, lack of four wheel drive or front diff lock, all definately keep it out of the Utility quad class.

I don't know of any accesories other than a six pack rack, and maybe a gas can rack available for it, and at least that would enable it to approach utilitarian needs...

But it's a fun ride. The V will yank it up into a wheelie pretty much any time you want, it does handle pretty well for 500 lbs, and it's sheer physical dimensions (being bigger ergonomically) endear it to large riders to be sure. And it's automatic, you point the wheels and pull the trigger, oh yeah, hang on....

Personnaly the P700 is the perfect quad for me, Utility oriented, lots of bells and whisltes, and may outperform most of the current sport quads on the market. BY outperform, I mean, try and keep up with the Prairie on a fast trail. Granted the sport quads have lightness, handling and horsepower to weight ratios on their side... and can absolutely"fly" better than the 600 lb Prairie. Or a loaded down Prairie and rider can be over one thousand pounds......and you don't want to jump that too far......

Old 08-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only thing that seperates the v-force from a scrambler is that the Vforce is shaft driven...and it has a V-twin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Budxxx I agree on the comment on keeping up with a prairie in the woods. I have a friend with a bone stock 700 prairie. I have a pretty well modded V. Although he can't hold me a light to see by in a drag race, he is very tough in the woods.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SiPhoenix
I was wondering something about the V-Force. When I was riding it yesterday at my cousins ranch, I was thinking wow this is one cool atv. It runs great, goes fast and looks cool. But what is it? A sport or utility atv? It has automatic transmission which is different from sport atv's and it also weighs more than other sports, but it doesn't have the look of a utility. What do you think? I own a Polaris Predator 500 and I think the Kawasaki KFX is almost as cool as the Predator. Any opinions?
Chevrolet sells a lot of 340+ horsepower automatic Corvettes, but I doubt anyone would try to say the Vette is not a sports car.
Try to do this on a utility:

Jackie Meadows

Old 08-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Pretty good Kevin....." Is that a Vette or a SUV?"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

People confuse "sport" with "competition" alot, the V-Force is definetly a sport bike by all means, It is built to fill the huge void in the trail riding perfomance catagorie that seems to always be filled with competion bikes, Its purpose I would say is a little different then the 400 - 450 class racers, They are great bikes that were built with a moto track in mind, the V-force is a great bike with trails and big jokers like me in mind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

the only thing that seperates the v-force from a scrambler is that the Vforce is shaft driven...and it has a V-twin
That and the 250yds between the V-Forces taillight and the Scramblers headlight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

2lman,

I'm going to be in Thunder Bay this week. Wish I was bringing the V along. We're taking the kids out to Old Fort William then over to Kekabecka Falls (SP?).

Quick Reply: KFX 700 V-Force - Sport or Utility?