Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Issues fixable or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Issues fixable or not?

Somebody asked what's next.....

How about:

Automatic trail following radar for the power steering, ATF (you know how Kawasaki like acronyms)

Electronic cruise control, ECC

Power take off PTO for drill rig attachment. PTO

Active suspension to keep people from get rolled off the machine. ActSusp

Back up warning system, BAWS

Infra red night vision, like that Cadiallac. IRV

Intercom Sytem for passenger, ICOM

Panic Button for Passenger, so when they get scared they push the button and the quad goes into the Limp Home Mode, PBUT

Satellite Tracking system so Momma knows where you are, SATTRAK

Mandown Alert system, So when you do roll it, it automatically calls OnStar and if eqipped with SATTRAK, they can roll an ambulance to you...... MAS

I can't think of any more cause I'm laughing so hard....

Old 08-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Tyr
Trailblazer

Fortunately, I am very good with the body english! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I guess it's all what you are used to, personally I'd much rather have a front end that I can manipulate with throttle or body language or whatever, instead of some slug that is going wherever it's headed. If you aren't a very experienced rider, you probably shouldn't be riding a BF. Of course that's just my opinion I could be wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Great photos, TYR. That helps.

Hot legs: I jet hot coat the exhaust and/or wrap and/or add a plastic shield.

Airboox water: looks like a little rubber flapping of the airbox area will help that.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Tyr
Trailblazer

I think the plastic shield will produce the best results...not certain about the heat buildup
escape though. Maybe a partial shield that doesn't obstruct the entire opening? Might
want to give thought to a "Grizz" kind of idea...use vents in the shield to let the heat out.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Range Rover

my thoughts on a lower seat would be the uncomfortably high handle bars compared to a lower seat height. Yes, they "feel" high...but after less than an hours worth of seat time....it feels perfect. As for the light front end....again...i'll throw my vote in with the guys who like this....it's nice to have a bike ya hafta "respect" and learn how to feather that throttle, instead of just punching it....and pointing it in the right direction....gives a whole new experience towards "driving" a wonderfully engineered quad. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: minimus

The BF handles like a pig around corners unless you are great with body English.
Yeah, it does...with the stock rims, suspension set to stock preload, and (I can't emphasize this enough) the piece of @#$% Dumbflops. I put ITP C-Series Type 6 rims loaded with ATRs, pumped up the spring preload, and I was easily able to keep up with a 400ex through tight, windy desert singletrack. I gained 5" of width and the Brute is now very stable. No it's not SRA, but you can get pretty close with real tires, rims, and the suspension tuned right. And if I am going rock climbing, I drop the preload and suddenly I have a Sportman type ride that eats up the bumps. I love it.

Brian

Old 08-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

At first I was concerned about the seat height, but not anymore. The position is more natural for an average sized guy, much more comfortable than a shorter seat that makes you bend your legs more. Kawi kept the weight low, so you get the more comfortable riding position without instability. I think they did a great job here.

The front end issue is just a rider preference. Heck, I'm used to a CRF450, so I find the front end of the BF to be incredibly heavy. For rough terrain riding, I feel that lighter is better. It's easier to get up and over obstacles. Turning under heavy throttle is the trade off, but it's one that I'll gladly make.

Yes, the heat from the left side sucks. It's never caused a real problem for me, even when wearing shorts, but it is uncomfortable. I'm probably going to ceramic coat the exhaust and guard this winter.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

TYR, in your pics, you have a winch, is the mount factory or did you make it, was wondering what a brute looks like with a winch on it?

Old 08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

BUDXXX, ------ LMFAO. that was good!

Quick Reply: Brute Force Issues fixable or not?