Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Issues fixable or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Steering Stiff?

Is your BF steering stiff like a Prairie - EDITED: NO, I guess most people say no on this. Seems to be as easy as a griz.
Tippy? - Edited: No, seems to handle better than other IRS machines.
Do you wish the seat was lower?
Is the front too light?
Does the heat burn your left leg?
Does was get into the airbox easy?

Here is a post from someone else:

"Just talked to a local Kawasaki dealer and he said the Kawasaki is coming out with a power steering kit for the BF, should help the steering geometry too,he said, it will cost about $380 dollars, install extra, they have new seats coming in that are about 2 inches lower than the stock one, he said they should be in any day now, $250 for the seat. He working on some new rims with different offset than the stock rims, said it will widen track on the BF by 1 1/2 inches, they will cost a
about $80.00 dollars a piece. "

Why is there a power steering kit for the BF?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

hey nyroc. PS, whats next remote starting, auto throttle.

if kawi is comming out with these things, why dont they install them from the factory? they must have seen a problem with the currant setup. JMO.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Range Rover

I don't know what you would need power steering for. The steering on the BF is very light for a big bike. Even better than some smaller bikes I have ridden.

Brian

Old 08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

The BF steering is similar to most other large 4x4 quad I've ridden, no better, no worse. For it's size, I think it's very good, but since my wife is the primary BF driver I would buy a P/S kit if they sold it. Her shoulders are SORE after an average ride!

How does this dealer propose that they will drive the P/S system? The BF doesn't build hydraulic pressure anywhere, so they'd need some type of electric pump (high amps) that ran all the time. I can't see that being practical.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be whaching this one for sure!
As for the steering being good for a quad of this size, if you get on a Rincon you will be very green with envy. It steers like power steering. That and the plush ride are the ONLY things I like about it.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: therock
I'll be whaching this one for sure!As for the steering being good for a quad of this size, if you get on a Rincon you will be very green with envy. It steers like power steering. That and the plush ride are the ONLY things I like about it.
I won't drive something that looks like a Honda Accord on the trail or on the street! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll take your word for it...

Old 08-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

OK, I guess from what the general consensus says, it steers just as easy as anything else (even a rinny).

I read in another forum that it steers easier than a Griz. That is pretty dang easy.

A guy named trapper said, comparing the steering effort on his griz and his BF "The steering effort was very comparable. If I had to choose
one...I'd say the Brute is easier on the arms, but only by the smallest of margins."

Old 08-17-2004, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

The fact the rincon steers so nicely does not supprise me. My rubi is the same.
Something I think kawi could work on. I always thought front tires made a difference. Goodrich on the rubi.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

My friends Rincon has 25" ART's.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Tyr
Trailblazer

nyroc,
This is trapper. Just to second what I've already said...yes, the Bf steers as easily as the Grizz.
At low speed just tooling around the woods, it is very comparable to the Grizz. At higher speeds,
I give the Bf the slight advantage. I have absolutely no idea why Kawasaki would need to offer
a power steering kit??!! This quad steers easily and I see no reason why a kit would be necessary.

Quick Reply: Brute Force Issues fixable or not?