Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute force in the mud and water

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute force in the mud and water

A friend of mine just bought a Brute force we have on 2 rides and both times the air box has filled with water and mud. I have a P650 and the brute cant follow me at all in the water or mud without problems. It appears that on our Saturday run the engine has probaly been blown, he filled the air box full of mud and water. It appears that this may a big weakness on this machine, when he gets in any water 6" or more the tires throw the water rate at the air box. The air box is wide open to the tires on his machine and he picks up water all the time. Has anyone else had any of these troubles, I want let my buddy know if this is a normal problem or is there something specific to his machine. His bike is back at the dealer today, I hope that he can get it repaired. Any info will be appreciated...
Xrxman

Old 08-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

that not so good i was thinking of getting one i am not to shore anymore

Old 08-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

That almost sounds like a fault with his own model. I don't think Kawasaki would allow something like that to happen on a whole line of their machines. In some of the review pics and introduction pics from Kawasaki, there are pictures of this thing going through considerably deep water and mud and obviously with no problems. They also commented on how well it did in the mud and muck. I doubt this is a problem with all the Brute Forces out there, just something probably happened to his machine.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

My friend is taking his bike in tomorrow and i will see what the dealer says. The problem from what i could see was that the intake to air box is fully exposed to water from the tires, in fact you each up anywhere from the front by the tires and touch it. I am wondering is there arent some splash gusrds missing. hopefully we know soon.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

My friend got the news today that his Brute has a bad crank shaft and the engine will need to be rebuilt and a new crank put in. His bike has less than 10 hrs on it. The mud and water was not what took out the engine though it is still a concern to has the airbox get so mud and water in it. Anyone who has a brute may want to keep an eye on their air box for water. I am to modify my friends when he gets it back, not sure how yet . Anyone out there put a snotrkle on yet?

Old 08-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

I read a post on another fourm about how this guys BF would not run in water he said if your in water and let off the gas it would stall,well I went straight to the creek rode it down in a hole up to the racks,stopped put it in reverse backed up stopped put it in foward and pulled out of the hole NO problem,even went through the same hole the other day after a heavy rain and the creek was up 4"-6" no BS something is wrong with his BF.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

Just got my new BRUTE FORCE havent had it in the water yet but i will,and i will let you know how it does. It steers better than the 650p and it isnt as cold natured and has a better ride and LOTS OF POWER.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Has anyone priced that little storage conpartment that goes on the right rear side?

Old 08-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

I rode with a BF guy this weekend in fast water up to our racks. He did about everything you can do, back up, accelerate, hit the water fast, etc. for at least an hour. . . no problems whatsoever.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

My Friend got his BF back and we went on a days run on the weekend with a new crank. We tried it against my p650 twice and i was able to beat him easily, the 2nd time by 4 lenghts when we hit 80km/hr(this is no right at all). At least it didnt break down this trip, the 1st 3 trips it did, needless to say he has lost all faith in the machine. His original issue was it would take on water in the air box when running through mud puddle 6 inches deep. I covered the sides that were open next to the fenders by the air box, it made a dramatic improvement but when running fast through puddles it still gets some water. I will have do a little more work if he keeps it, he is taking it back to the dealer and asking for his money back. A friend of his had bought a BF as well and he has the same problem with getting water in the airbox, he has had it back to the dealer as well. Has anyone else had water in the airbox???

Quick Reply: Brute force in the mud and water