Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute force in the mud and water

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute force in the mud and water

i have a brute force, today was in mud and water up to the tops of the front fenders and had no problems.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer

Your bud's BF is missing parts or something. I was crossing creeks this weekend , water over the wheels at times. I was going pretty fast at times while pulling 15 ft logs behind me. Had no problems. I can only say, This is one powerful machine. If you could have seen the size of these logs (red oak) you would know what I mean!. Take some pictures around the problem area and post them. I would think the dealer would have noticed something like that though.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info guys, my friend is so upset with the machine he is going to try to get his money back. When you look in the wheel wells by the front tires you plainly see the intake to the air box and even reach up and touch the the air intake. There is absolutely nothing for plastic in the front end you stick your hand rate through from side to side, on my Prairie this is all closed in with plastic fender skirting. Is this normal not have anything there??

Old 09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Xrxman
Thanks for the info guys, my friend is so upset with the machine he is going to try to get his money back. When you look in the wheel wells by the front tires you plainly see the intake to the air box and even reach up and touch the the air intake. There is absolutely nothing for plastic in the front end you stick your hand rate through from side to side, on my Prairie this is all closed in with plastic fender skirting. Is this normal not have anything there??
I noticed the lack of plastic in the front wheel wells when i first saw the BF and I asked the salesman if there was plastic missing. He said this was the new design and it was done to help with the cooling problem Kawasakis can experience. It seemed to me at the time that there was a lot open area for water, mud and even sticks (or other debris) to get lodged around the motor and even the rad. I hope your friends problems are not a common complaint, the P700 that I have is a blast to take into the woods and on the trails.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

the air intake is supposed to be turned aroundd backwards, facing the rider, to keep the crap out. did they install it wrong???

Old 10-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Click here

Read this thread, I will have a video of the crappy design later on tonight. ATV Nation also has a post on this from someone else.

The airbox is crap, I snorkled mine and I no longer get water in the airbox or CVT.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer

do you have some pics of the snorkle??

Old 10-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

No pictures, my video is down. I'm working on alternative hosting, should have it back soon.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:09 PM
BKK
Trailblazer

Yes, I went on a ride Sunday. And went in a little water got water in my airbox. My BF started smoking real bad. I got it home now i'm scared to crank it back up, but I have got to load it and carry it to the dealer.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

The smoke is nothing bad. What happened is this. The dealer fills up the machine with oil, up to the full mark. The 650, 700 and 750 don't like oil at the full mark, they will spit it up into the carbs on steep hills or wheelies. So you fill it up half way on the dip stick. When you got water in your air box, it also got into the oil. This made the oil overfull as the water mixed with the oil. Then the oil splashed up into the carbs and caused it to smoke.

Buy 8 litres of oil and a filter. Drain the oil, take off the filter, put on a new filter fill it up with oil to the full mark. Drive it around, drop the oil, slap in some new oil, half way on the dip stick. Go for another ride, check the oil, if its still milky, change it again, along with the filter again and repeat till its clean.

Before you do all of this, clean the airbox out. Get a spray bottle with gas and a mix of that water in the gas remover stuff and spray the airbox and carbs down. Take a lint free cloth and wipe it down.

You will also want to drain the airbox hose, it exits by the front right tire I believe. It has a plug on it.

This should get you back on the road in about 1 hour. Also, if you had water in your airbox you most likely had it in your CVT housing, I had some dry mud in mine. The heat in there will dry it out before it makes the belt slip.

Quick Reply: Brute force in the mud and water