Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

QUESTION ABOUT BECOMING A DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION ABOUT BECOMING A DEALER

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHO A GUY COULD TALK TO ABOUT BECOMING A KAWASAKI DEALER? MY LOCAL DEALER ISN'T WILLING TO GIVE UP ANY INFO. MY FATHER IN LAW IS WANTING TO TRY AND OPEN A DEALER SHIP IN OUR HOME TOWN.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

hey brute max, if you are in the area, come down to arnold palmer airport down to our kawasaki dealer.
WARNING!!!!!-becoming a dealer will become boring. Your hobby of quads will no longer become a hobby, but a job, and you will get tired of quads.

Josh-KawasakiBayouRider

Old 08-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

here's a tip don't rip people off and fix the quad not just hold it and do nothing

Old 08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Brutemax - try doing a search in "other ATV topics". This has been asked before with many great responses. BTW - be ready to qualify for $250,000 to $300,000 in credit just for the "floor plan".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if its true, but I'm told by my local Kaw. dealership (probably the largest Kaw. dealership in Houston area) that its much easier to open a Kaw. dealership/service dept. than it is to open other brands (Honda dealership, etc.). My dealer told me that I have to be careful about taking my Kaw. quad in for service at just any old Kaw. dealership b/c pretty much all it takes to open one these days is to put up a building and get the franchise rights whereas other Brands usually make the service dept. get proper training, etc. so that the customers will most likely get good service work done there. Again, not sure if this was a true statement or not.

PS - I would recommend that you directly call Kawasaki (manufacturer) customer service and ask how to open a Kaw. dealership in your area. I'm guessing that they should get you set up with all the info. you need.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HotShot90
hey brute max, if you are in the area, come down to arnold palmer airport down to our kawasaki dealer.
WARNING!!!!!-becoming a dealer will become boring. Your hobby of quads will no longer become a hobby, but a job, and you will get tired of quads.

Josh-KawasakiBayouRider
I have friends that used to love to hunt untill they went to work in the woods,now they have little to no interest in it at all.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BRUTEMAX
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHO A GUY COULD TALK TO ABOUT BECOMING A KAWASAKI DEALER? MY LOCAL DEALER ISN'T WILLING TO GIVE UP ANY INFO. MY FATHER IN LAW IS WANTING TO TRY AND OPEN A DEALER SHIP IN OUR HOME TOWN.
I guess you know you can't have 2 kawasaki dealers in the same town ,there has to be a certain mile range ,can't remember exactly what that is , maybe 50 or so .

Old 08-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

I got a hold of some people about a year ago on this same topic. I think I contacted some people through kawasaki's web site. The numbers they need you to have in the bank were stagering. At least they were for me. I think that they wanted you to have a net worth of 1.5 million and somthing like 50 thousand in a bank account just for emergency. Check out the contact on there web page and good luck.