Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help! KEBC actuator motor keeps trying to come on even with key turned off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! KEBC actuator motor keeps trying to come on even with key turned off!

This morning, I took my quad for a short ride and discovered my 4wd would not turn on/not engage at all when I pushed the 4wd button. So I pulled the fuse to the KEBC and discovered it was bad (not blown, just had lots of corrosion and resistence on the Ohms meter). I put a new fuse in and 4wd works good again...however, now when I turn off the key, the KEBC motor keeps trying to come on ever 5 seconds or so and will continue to do this for as long as the fuse is still in. I had to remove the fuse so it would not run down my battery. Anyone have any thoughts as to what is wrong???

Old 08-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! KEBC actuator motor keeps trying to come on even with key turned off!

I think its the dial a jet acting up!!!lol

Try disconnecting your battery and see if this resets it.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

yep, what he said...

I got ya everywhere else...

I keep a can of contact cleaner & a tube of dielectric grease handy, for the Big Prairie... never needed it on the 300, even though we've owned it 2 years longer...

Old 08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx guys. I'll try disconnecting my battery tonite when I get home and see if that helps.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

If that fails, try the KBEC reset proceadure, outlined on NYROC's site...

HERE

Old 08-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

MikeyBoy,

Had the same problem w/ my P650 a little over a year ago. I disconnected battery overnight (although I am sure that it does not need to be for any real length of time) and it worked fine when I reconnected the battery in the A.M.

Good luck!

Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

If the fuse is blown for a long time you also might want to see if there's a lot of dirt preventing the engine brake to go to the off position. I'm thinking the battery trick will be all you need.

Trending Topics

Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx again for the helpful replies!!! I disconnected the battery tonight for 5 minutes or so and reconnected it...problem did NOT go away. I will try the KEBC motor reset procedure posted above and see if that helps.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

Mikey, I just did a search of this problem and could not find anything on it, and was about to post the exact thing you did, So thank you for doing so. My buddies 03 650 is doing the same thing. No 4x4, his fuse was blown though. (his was a 5amp and on my 700 its a 10) ?. Like on yours the actuator is buzzing even without the key in. Tried swapping fuses and pretty much everything you did....no luck. Do you think its possible that you have to let it sit overnight with the battery disconnected to reset this ?. Kind of like if there is any capacitors in the ckt somewhere that need to discharge....A quick disconnect would not do this. I could be way off but thats all I can think of for now. If you find anything please post and if I do I will do likewise. Best of luck to you. Bob

Old 08-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

Thanx NYScrambler. I'll definitely post back after I get a chance to do the KEBC motor reset procedure (instructions on Nyroc's webpage). Hopefully, I will do that tonight afterwork.

Quick Reply: Help! KEBC actuator motor keeps trying to come on even with key turned off!