Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Twist throttle for Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist throttle for Prairie

How many of you guys have them, and do you like them? My thumb kills me on anything over 1 hour[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Range Rover

Cool, I did not know they made them for the Prairie's, I hear ya on the thumb, mine got a serious workout last weekend, and what do ya know it's gonna get another one this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 10:10 AM
DOA
Range Rover

I have one and love it, no more sore and aching thumb, plus my thumb locked out on me and I couldn't ride unless I put a twist on. My thumb healed without an operation but took about 6 months or more.

You will be scared at first, bending under branches and twisting by mistake, or when going down in sunkin woops on the trail which will want to twist your throttle coming up and out, keep it twisted forward going DOWN into sunkens. Other than that they are great and actually are more controllable, you get used to them in about a week and won't want to go back. Like as in jumping from rock to rock, with a blip/twist you can jump or lurch. With a thumb you have no control on where to stop your thumb. Just blip, blip, blip like on a dirtbike with the twist and you can do technical better than with the thumb throttle.

Plus it is just plain funner, just sitting in your computer chair, put your hands up like on the bars and gire your right wrist a twist or two.

SEE

One thing about getting the Brute that scares me is not being able to put my twist throttle on with the two into one cable they have. I am hoping it is easier to squeese with that system but will miss my twist and how you can blip it. You can hold on fully with both hands too, which when coming on to her in the water/muds/sloppy trails, you will like. Just try and catch me, no never mind, your better off alive.(LOL)

Old 08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you have a dealer or source for the twist grips?
Bob

Old 11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Twist throttles and grips, check out my page(motion pro).