Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

new brute question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new brute question

i just picked up my new brute force (red) today. AAAAAHHHHHHH love it, couple questions. gotta go half throttle for first 10 hours, at 10-12mph when hot it kinda clicks or ticks, is it because it is hot or what? and at 100hrs the belt light comes on for a maintence check, it doesnt go to limp mode does it? during break in, does matter if you use low range? inside of front fenders there is a flange with three holes, is there something that should bolt on like guard or shroud? and two wires by the front left headlight are 2 wires not connected to anything , should they be? sorry for all of the questions but everyone here is a great help, the dealer just gets that stupid look on his face!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: grizzkiller
i just picked up my new brute force (red) today. AAAAAHHHHHHH love it, couple questions. gotta go half throttle for first 10 hours, at 10-12mph when hot it kinda clicks or ticks, is it because it is hot or what? and at 100hrs the belt light comes on for a maintence check, it doesnt go to limp mode does it? during break in, does matter if you use low range? inside of front fenders there is a flange with three holes, is there something that should bolt on like guard or shroud? and two wires by the front left headlight are 2 wires not connected to anything , should they be? sorry for all of the questions but everyone here is a great help, the dealer just gets that stupid look on his face!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lol I think that the two wires was for a horn or something like that if I am not mistaken...but then again it has been a while since I have been on here so I coul dbe wrong...I think the prarie or v-force or something had a similiar thing like that too

Old 08-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

honestly ride it like your going too, does do 100% WOT but ride it hard. the two plugs in the frt are really for a horn hook up for another country. i hooked my fog lights up to it. it powers up with the switch. there are also two plugs in the back, one is a full time hot plug for an accessory hook up and the other with a square black cover over it is for a reverse light hook up that does come on when in reverse. enjoy the new machine. i love mine.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

holy sh_t!! I'v never seen so many questions in one forum. Your miss in the engine is because it is set to lean, someone told me kawasaki put the wrong size jets in it , don't know if it is true. I don't know if it goes into limp mode at 100 hrs. It shouldn't matter if you use low range as long as you arern't pulling something real heavy, just make sure to give it a break every now and then to cool off. I don't know what those three holes are for but I wouldn't put a splash gaurd there because it could cause overheating problems by not letting air flow around the engine and also water splashing up helps to cool things down on a hot day. I haven't got a clue about those wires in the front but there are 2 sets of wires in the back, one is for a reverse light( the plug closest to the brake light) and the other is a dc power source wich I am told is hot even with the key turned off. Chances are if the dealer has a stupid look on his face, than that means he is stupid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

as far as breaking in goes, i'd say ride it however you want, just change the oil pretty soon, and maybe a few times farely quickly. i know i rode ours hard from day one and it screams. it's faster than other sp500s that i know of and has even beat a 500 HO (although i think the HO was still getting broke in). i think if you run it hard while you're breaking it in, it'll be a little faster once it's broke in than if you baby it.