Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I BOUGHT THE BRUTE TODAY AND ITS ****ING FANTASTIC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I BOUGHT THE BRUTE TODAY AND ITS ****ING FANTASTIC!!!

I rode my buddies BF the other day. Man that thing has awsome acceleration. I have a polaris 400 sport bike and I know that BF will take me anyday. We put it up against my brothers polaris 700 efi on pavement. My buddie on the BF was being an *** and told my brother to go first. THen he unleashed the beast.....THe BF almost flipped over. He let off a little set down the front tires, then started to slowly real the polaris back in. Once he got next to the polaris he had a good pull away from him. So they let off. He also set it up against another friends Prarie 650. It has big tires on it thats all. they did the same race. The BF didn't wheelie that bad, and pulled up and passed the 650. The 650- 700 efi would have been a good race well try that one out next time.

I am on this board because I am looking into getting this big sob. I was curious if the suzuki was built exactly the same just different badging and color? I like the yellow.

Wonder how that polaris 800 efi will do against it?

Old 08-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with the others on break in.....make sure the motor is WARMED up then hammer down......full throttle for 2-3 second burst's....you don't want to hold it wide open for a half mile down a highway, but hard, brief, full throttle bursts then letting off and doing it again results in a good ring seal........change the oil and filter at about 50 miles, then your good to go............

Old 08-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ryankmiller
I rode my buddies BF the other day. Man that thing has awsome acceleration. I have a polaris 400 sport bike and I know that BF will take me anyday. We put it up against my brothers polaris 700 efi on pavement. My buddie on the BF was being an *** and told my brother to go first. THen he unleashed the beast.....THe BF almost flipped over. He let off a little set down the front tires, then started to slowly real the polaris back in. Once he got next to the polaris he had a good pull away from him. So they let off. He also set it up against another friends Prarie 650. It has big tires on it thats all. they did the same race. The BF didn't wheelie that bad, and pulled up and passed the 650. The 650- 700 efi would have been a good race well try that one out next time.

I am on this board because I am looking into getting this big sob. I was curious if the suzuki was built exactly the same just different badging and color? I like the yellow.

Wonder how that polaris 800 efi will do against it?

i don't think the 800 will keep up in a drag race, but it may have more low end pulling power.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

So you guys think I should open this thing up? I've already got about 5 hrs of riding time on it, and for the most part I've kept it at half throttle. I did hammer it a few times (couldn't resist) and the power was awesome, just wanna make sure I don't screw the engine up. Hey while I'm here.........one thing that happened while ridin' that pissed me off was that both rubber hubcaps fell off after a few easy rides. I haven't gone thru deep mud or water or nothing and I noticed both rubber hub caps on the front wheels were gone! I checked the rear ones and all I have to do is just barely "flick" them with my hand and they come off. Is this NORMAL?????!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

My friend didn't wait long to open his up. So far the only bad things are Those rubber hub covers. He lost 1 of his today, and it doesn't engage in 4wd very easily. We even had trouble getting it out of his S10 pickup truck. Not because of the tires being wedged. But because it was hard to get it out of drive while being wedged in the bed. He did say the 4WD takes some getting used to.

He did find a small stump with his RF tire at abot 10 mph. It jurked the bars so hard it nearly broke his left thumb. He was bleeding. A little while later we figured out what made him bleed. This thumb ripped out the little tiny light switch. Boy how much is that gonna be to fix... He also rolled it the first day he got it within 1 hr. I didn't say this guy is smart. He is just accident prone. Luckly he lives within 2 miles of the nearest Hospital. Lets just say they know him by a first name basis, and have a room with his own name on it....

The reason for him flipping it. He was climbing a steep hill to slow and decided to roll back down the hill backwards. Which would have been fine. If he didn't pull the wrong brake. You know what happend next. Luckly he only cut his foot open while riding bare foot, in shorts with no shirt. He had to pull the front and rear racks off and rebend them.

Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ryankmiller
....The reason for him flipping it. He was climbing a steep hill to slow and decided to roll back down the hill backwards. Which would have been fine. If he didn't pull the wrong brake. You know what happend next. Luckly he only cut his foot open while riding bare foot, in shorts with no shirt. He had to pull the front and rear racks off and rebend them.
OMG..has this guy even taking a rider saftey course?? he has no business whatso ever riding that atv.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Range Rover

wow....friends dont let ajcka$$es ride powerful quads...your buddy shoulda bought himself an lt80 or something...can i have some of his bf parst after he wrecks himself real good?

Old 08-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

yea he is a dumb *** most of the time. It actually rides quads quite a bit. Well a few years back. Sport quads mostly.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

yea..ok..happens..

Old 08-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

actually he is an adult dumb ***. No mommy didn't buy him anything. He is just a clown. Everyone has a friend that is a clown. I think he was moving the quad back into the garage or something and he decided to go the long way around his yard and got tempted on a hill. Here in MD where we live it's been raining a lot the last 2 years. He just got his house built, and the ground is very very wet around his home. He said he was just putting up the hill to see how everything was working with the 4wd, and things got a little more complicated than he could of ever thught.

Now back to the subject.

Sorry to derail this topic.

Quick Reply: I BOUGHT THE BRUTE TODAY AND ITS ****ING FANTASTIC!!!