Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Highlifter or DG3 module?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highlifter or DG3 module?

What kind of new features are they coming out with? Would be very interested to know.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

New Features
One module Selection to remove KBC function & one module has selection to remove reverse power limit. Don't remember if both options will be built into each new module.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

They all do the same thing,some claim to do more but bottom line is the stock CDI retards the timing untill you reach 7mph and after that you are on your own.All the modules take this retard out,some BS you more is all,and charge you more to boot.Go to VDI's web site,they seem to be straight shooters with no extra claims.I just don't trust the "snake oil"type sales pitches.But they are nice to listen to because they are telling you what you want to hear.Just my couple of pennies.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

The new modules don't do the same thing, the way I read it.

"DG5 (Engine Power Module): This module is the 6th generation of this type of performance device since it all began with the original DG Holeshot. Every version has been a complete re-design, based on continuous testing, including the new Brute Force which uses a 4th generation 21119 series Igniter. The DG5 features a re-programmed RISC processor, diagnostic LED, and now an encapsulated toggle switch for selection between "Stock" and "DG5 Power" modes, rather than having to use an external switch for this function. It is no secret to any Prairie owner that has installed any of our previous performance devices, how detuned the stock engine is. The stock Brute Force Igniter is detuned even further, making the DG5 effect more pronounced. Acceleration test runs from 0-60MPH on a completely stock Brute Force with the DG5 were impressive, shaving an average of 0.6 seconds off the run times, and running neck and neck with a popular aftermarket performance Igniter from a California based company. Typical averaged 0-60MPH run times were: Stock 7.30s, DG5 6.73s, and Replacement Igniter 6.70s, with the latter two trading the lead depending on the holeshot. Even with 50 lbs. loaded on the front rack, and laying over the bars, high traction takeoffs are in a word, "violent". Use caution with this device, and if in doubt, switch into the normal, detuned "Stock" mode.

DG6 (Engine Brake Bypass Module): This module will allow the disconnection and/or removal of the stock Engine Braking System without the meter doing the "2wd" to "4wd" display flashing "dance". The DG6 will indicate the current drive mode, and will only indicate 4wd on the display after the 2wd/4wd Servo has fully engaged into 4wd, not just indicate that the 2wd/4wd selection switch is in the 4wd position. With the DG6 installed, riders can select between No Engine Braking and Engine Braking, by unplugging or re-plugging the E-brake Servo, or they may completely remove the Servo to allow the modification of the stock CVT system with KFX-700 or other aftermarket parts.

DG7 (Belt Fault Monitor Module): This module will eliminate the 3600 RPM restricted "limp" mode used by the stock Igniter, and will indicate a Belt Fault condition using the Belt Light. In the event of a tripped Belt Fault Switch, the Belt Light will come ON and stay ON until the rider performs the recommended belt check procedure. There are no restrictions of RPM or vehicle speed, and no reset procedures involving connector swapping and key switching will be necessary. Once the belt has been checked, and the switch re-activated, or replaced if damaged by belt contact, the module resets itself, and the Belt Light will go OFF. The DG7 can be used to restore an important safety feature that you might have lost if using an aftermarket Igniter, and has been tested for compatibility. Instructions also include a bypass for constant reverse override, if desired."

Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

I want one, get those guys in assembly to cranking them out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Now all I have to do is decide which one is for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

I like the fact that the new DG5s come with an on/off switch built in. I just got back from Baja again where we rode over 500 miles and the DG5 performed perfectly! My Brute would out run a stock Brute with no other mods other than the module in a drag race by 3 to 4 quad lengths everytime. Next I will install the 6 degree offset key
Tonto

Old 09-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Tonto where did you get a DG5? I was understanding they are not out yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Just a question??

Doesn't the Dyna CDI do all the stuff the modules do all in one unit instead of 3 pieces that DG has?

Old 09-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

They need the big sales pitch to hook people though.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alltoys
Just a question??

Doesn't the Dyna CDI do all the stuff the modules do all in one unit instead of 3 pieces that DG has?
the dyna does not have the engine brake thingy, the dyna does the timing through the whole power range, ups the rev lim. gets rid of the limp mode and reverse override

Quick Reply: Highlifter or DG3 module?