Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!

PW, I hope everything gets worked out. Not to threadjack, but where is this 12 hour race?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

PW,
I have been out of the loop for a couple of months now and to hear this, WOW! I hope everything has been talked out. You have given it your all and to throw in the towel? I hope everything works out for the best!! I haven't had the 750 fired up for 3 months now. I think of all the $ sitting there when I walk by it everyyday to feed the dog. Been spending all my free time with family! They seem to grow faster now I think it all those hormones in there formula when they were babies!

This week I got my replacement CDI from Dyna. So it may be time to turn some wrenches? I sent out my Alltoys tweaked clutch and secondary to Rick at Kinetic over a month ago. He will be doing some R&D on the clutches. I sent it out to get it balanced after doing some grinding on it myself. He wants to try and make up a jig to clean up the surfaces on the sheaves (remove the wear marks from where your belt rides on the sheaves) They may be able to rebuild them instead of buying new. He wanted to take a look at the secondary as well to see if anything can been done? He said he was talking to Team about a secondary but they where dropping the idea of making one. Comet will have a primary is all I have heard. I got him interested hopefully he bites! I talked highly about all these crazy V-Twin owners and the possible $ to be had.

Alltoys,
Stock! Now I have heard it all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hope everything is good with you as well!
That clutch worked great!, just was a little ruff on my first belt. I cleaned it up more and then sent it out to Kinetic. He will be machining my Dalton face plate instead of using the spacers. He thought that would make it alittle more rigid! Real nice fella, like yourself!

Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

PW selling his quad!

Alltoys stock!

Wildwill not riding!

this post must be a dream.

Jim, good luck, I hope everything turns out for the best.

FYI....rumor has it EPI will release new secondary clutch with removeable helix like snow sleds have.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

lol @ shotgun.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao shotgun ahahh

Old 09-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

That was a good one there Shotgun,,, I got a heII of a laugh outta that one!
Well, I know for sure I will have mine till after October unless someone offers me a nice chunk of cash for it! Actually my boss is taking it this month for a ride because he thinks he may want to buy one so who knows,,, maybe he will like it soo much he will just have to have it! LOL!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

I hear your pain. I am in deep dodo also. I have a promod race car. Do you know what one of those is? I have a full chassis 69 Camaro with a Keith Black 558. The motor is blown with a D rotor PSI blower, through a custom sheet metal intake and full race Brodix Billet heads. The crank shaft for this motor cost $4200. It last about 50 passes if nothing goes serious wrong.
The winnings were paying for the car. I was in a car accident about 4 months ago, not at the track but on the freeway. Hit by old woman right in the a$$. I have a serious concussion that won't heal, and 4 neck disc that are burst. They can't fix four disc so I am screwed, and will never be able to race again. Now I have this beast in my garage, in the middle of an overhaul, with mild chassis work being performed. So I spent my last $9000.00 to have a chassis person finish the job so I can sell it. He was sending me reports of work being performed with invoices. When I went to get the car, nothing was done at all. And now I have no money to finish it myself. I can't sell it for anything unless its running. So I feel your pain. If only I could finish the car to sell it. I will never be able to drive a race car again anyway. The problem is it will take $10,000 to finish and I am already out $9000, so I will not even get half what is in it.
Sorry about spilling my troubles on you. Hang in there.
Shawn

Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Oh boy,,, I know all about the drag racing! I have drag raced both cars and bikes. I still have a big block 72 Nova sitting out here that I will someday get done but I want to Pro Street it! I drag raced the bikes the longest, about 12 years on them, won a few points championships and about 4 or 5 years ago the bikes were burried at the back of the shop, seeing a pattern here,,, that's when 4 wheelers and 3 wheelers filled the front of the shop. I have not even seen the drag bike in at least 2 years.
Your Camaro sounds very nice,, got any pics, I'd like to see it,, (((( fdracing2004@yahoo.com ))))
I got a $20,000 four wheeler I'd trade ya! LOL!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

I know the feeling. You have a $20,000 four wheeler and I have a $60,000 camaro. We are both up stink creek.

Old 09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow....sorry too hear of the misfortunes gentlemen. Hope things work out OK.

Quick Reply: May be forced to sell my FST 785 Prairie!!!!