Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Opening the floodgates - Advice on a second quad please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opening the floodgates - Advice on a second quad please!

And I hope its an 800cc ,EFI, prairie w/o IRS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

All I know is by then it's certainly going to be one bad mother [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

They all still weigh around the same, don't they? I know the Outlander 400 still weighs 600 lbs, like the Prairie, but it's IRS and is supposed to handle much better. I've heard it feels a lot like a sport quad. It has one ATV of the year I think 3 times in a row in it's class. The Honda Ranchers are way over 600 lbs, right?

Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Ranchers are 559lbs dry.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

OK. They feel much heavier!

Old 09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

After owning and racing sea-doos since 1992, I will not buy any more Bombardier products. They simply aren't durable. Seadoos always have the fastest machine that has the most comfy and cute features, but they don't take much abuse thats for sure. Maybe their quads are better but I simply won't go that route. I somewhat feel the same way about Polaris although I've never owned one, just watched them break down. It's too bad Kawasaki doesn' thave a smaller sportier mini-prairie!

Old 09-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Ranchers ride really bad, that is why they seem heavy.

In 2 years, more cool stuff with be coming out in 2 more years. If you wait 4, more cool stuff will be coming out after that.

Hopefully you will break the waiting cycle and get something before you die and at least enjoy it for a month or so.

You are really just paying depreciation to ride the machine you are on. Take care of the ones you ride, sell right, and get a new one when you really think there is a good one coming. The KQ is pretty good stuff. I think it is worth getting.

They can't pack too much good quality into one quad and keep it under 605lbs without using exotic materials. So, I don't think all the future quads will be v-twins. I think the one lunger is going to be improved to the point that they will prefer onle lungers to save weight and keep the CG lower and the weight distribution perfect.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc, lets not blow this out of proportion...I'm not a habitual waiter, I just still love my p650, it's still running really well, and I figure I might as well use it through the extended warranty period I paid for..

If ranchers ride so poorly, what do you suggest? I'm considering something smaller, in the 400-500cc range...

Old 09-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Not to get to far off track here but isnt Bombardier a french owned company? If so that would count them out for me. Im not real fond of France. They will screw anybody to make a buck. They are not our friends, so why support them. I may be wrong about it being French, if so correct me. Im not talking about French Canadians or even the French people for that matter. Im talking about The goverment of France.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

from what ive seen almost all of the smaller utes are still heavy 500+ lbs......so why not get something with at least a little *** in its pants so that it could be power slid and tossed around...an underpowered heavy quad will be rougher to slide and have fun on than a heavy quad with a decent motor...the rincon are nice...kinda quick...and really mild mannered in auto mode.....comfortable too...or you could do what ive already read that would make sense..use the 650 as a loaner and get yourself something bigger and badder.....

Quick Reply: Opening the floodgates - Advice on a second quad please!