Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What do you think of the kfx700?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the kfx700?

I also own a raptor. don't consider it or the Kaw 700 to be tipsy. The Kaw 700 is just plain fun to ride. You can stop on any hill and just start right back up with no problem. I have pro Circuit exhaust, pink spring, nerf bars, K & N filter, and elka shocks. Love riding it. The front end is not light on hills.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks for all of the great info. Where and how do you carry the Gas? How much? Can this quad handle going up rocky hills or will it flip?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Me and two buddies all own 700 and took them to Colorado this summer. They were great to ride there. Didn't have to worry about rejetting or not having enough power. We ride ours at St Joe State Park in Missouri and there is never aproblem with hills. You can go up them as slow as you want or as fast. Don't have to worry about feathering a clutch. The front end will come up if you want it to, but you can ease on the throttle and no problem with the front end. My raptor will bring up the front end easier. It's a great quad to ride, but it is heavy. I love mine.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Range Rover

I bought a KFX700 in early october and rode it at Windrock. Rocks are everywhere there and the KFX did great. You just have to know how to ride and where to put your weight to keep it under control. I used to ride a 400ex and this past weekend we were riding at a place that has hills and water at the bottom. I used to climb them all of the time on my 400 but not when the water was there. Well i came down the hills and looked at them. I sat across the valley and looked at the hill for about ten minutes. I slowly started out rolled down the one side of the valley rolled through the water and right up the other side. This bike is amazing. I ride in rocks and mud and fast trails and hills and everything. If you don't think you can make a hill climb you can slow down enough and readjust your line or crack the throttle to help you out a little bit or you can walk the bike kinda sideways up the hill.

Another story: Same place as before but this time it was a off-camber hill with flat smooth rocks in the middle. Still water at the bottom. I hit the hill and got into the gas hard. Midway up I hit the rocks and my tires broke loose, I started slowing down so I backed off the throttle and let the quad do what it wanted to do. Needless to say it continued up the hill with the front two wheels in the air walking sideways the whole time. The guys that were watching started to run and help me out and then they started hootena nd hollerin whenever it kept climbing.

As you can see in my opinion this quad rocks in whatever environment you ride it in

Old 11-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Range Rover

V-Force...good all around machine. It's good about any type of riding you want to do, not that best at anything but good at all...

Changes...
Tie-rods are junk I do agree. Diamond G has a great over-sized replacements, powder coated so they match your V-Force. They also have ones for the Brute Force also...seems the Brute has the same manufacture for the stock tie-rods.

Clutch...good but to let the engine perform better and get the power to the ground...Dalton Kit...

Intake...open it up and snorkle it. The stock snorkle is restrictive and grabs air from above the hot engine...Diamond G again makes a nice snorkel kit that pulls cool air from the handle bar area.

Old 11-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

i just bought one love it but.i noticed 2day i had oil leakin from front head gasket and silicon there,does kawasaki use silicon on the heads gasket,it wasnt on the back head.

rodman

Old 11-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

rodman,

don't give up on the quad yet. It is still a great machine. I guess you problem is the reason they have warranties.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Just picked up my new 2004 V-Force and rode it today for the first time. If this thing were human, it would be an NFL lineman -- big, brutish, mean, nasty and forceful. This thing kicks a$$.

It handles great, but the ride quality borders on punishing. Then again, I may have become soft after riding the Prairie for a year. I can't wait to get into the dunes.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

Make a few basic modifications that other members have listed on here and you'll have a machine that will hang with the best of them and do just about anything you want to try.