Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

4.99% Good Times Credit - A good deal? BF okay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.99% Good Times Credit - A good deal? BF okay?

That works. Also, if you are late and/or have to rush a payment and get hit with the $15 rush payment fee (to avoid being late on the due date), send in the extra BUT make sure you call them and tell them to apply the extra to the "new" account. If you don't it will sit there and accrue 17.9 percent interest until you pay the 3.9% loan off. Use the online service and just stay on top of it. If you can, pay the 1st day it posts to your account, you will save some on the interests for that month.

Old 09-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

here is a Way to beat the system

When I bought my Vforce I got 6 months no payments no intrest.......

I did not recieve a bill or anything for the 1st 3 months....but I was putting the $$$ away for the payments anyway.

3,4,5,6 months went by, I recieved a bill for 0.00 but I sent money in anyway.

Whan the 6th month was due I Paid the whole loan off with a credit card that was offering 6 months NO INTEREST.

so I got 12 months no interest total and paid it off on about 8 months

just keep refinancing /transfering balances to your different credit cards that offer that incentive to you and Interest Free loans are yours.

*****with your approved credit only*****

John [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

I just purchased a BF the other night but haven't brought it home yet due to the recall,, Anyway I did the $49 mo payments, figured I'd pay more when I can and just try to pay it off with in 2 yrs. before they jack up the rate. $7500 + $95 doc fee's sounds high to me but not sure where you are.. MSRP is $7599. I called around to several different dealers and found one who would come down from MSRP.. I paid $6998 + 99 for a so called freight charge.. All other dealers were selling at MSRP. Also got a Warn 2.5 winch for $69 as part of the Promo that Kawasaki is offereing,, I can't wait till I can bring it home... Just courious what size tires are some of use running,, I want to put a set of mud lites on the factory rims but not sure if I want to go with a larger tire or keep the stock size,,,I'm new to this fourm and I hope I did this correctly,,, thanks matt

Congrats on the new ride!

I did find a dealer with a little better price, $7250 +75 doc fees and a $69 winch. Don't think I'll ever use a winch but they sure look cool. I'm going to go ride tommorow and decide from there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If I end up getting a BF I'm thinking either Badlands XTRs or Mudlites. Probalby the XTRs since I mostly ride on hard pack. With my prairie I got 26" Dirt Devils, (not a bad tire but I won't get them again) in most tires the 26"s are about the same diameter as your stock 25"s, maybe a little deeper tread. I would stick with 26" tires, you've go power to spare and could easily go 27" or bigger but of course that raises your center of gravity (which you can't spare), you might could offset that with some different rims but that starts getting pricey.

Can't wait to go ride the 750 I got the go-ahead from the boss to get it if I want, woohoo! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

If you get the promotional interest rate, make sure that's what appears on your bill. My bill DID NOT have the promotional rate, even though I had papers in hand to prove it. After faxing them the sales paperwork, and after their own followup with the dealer, they corrected their mistake.

Do an internet search on Household Retail Finance and see how many scam stories are out there. The promotional rates are a good thing, but remember, HRF has been under the gun for screwing their customers, so keep a watchfull eye on your account.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

I do the same thing with Kawasaki credit card, the idea is to pay it off in two years before the rate jumps. I read mine and the only thing it says is if you';re late on a payment they can jack up the rate. I am going to refinance mine anyway, the credit union gave me 4.75% fixed on my Polaris. I only went with Kawasaki financing because it was the easiest way to get the ATV. and thanks for the heads-up on household finance.

Old 09-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am using the "Good Times Card" & have used it before for a purchase of an Prairie 650. I had no surprizes with HRS.
I am using it again on my Brute Force purchase & took advantage of the speical 3.9% @ 3yrs & this BF of mine will be paid off no later than the 36th month.
As long as my payments are on "Time", I have had no problems with HRS.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I just got my first bill from Kawasaki Good Times credit and they are deferring interest til the end. It's not really 3.99% at all, it's 17.8%, they just aren't making you pay all that interest up front, but you DO have to pay 17.8% in the end. It's a ripoff, people. I already dumped them before my first payment was due. I got it refinanced for 3.99% for 60 months, a TRUE 3.99% rate at a local credit union.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

man,im glad some1 had the brains tosee that the hrs credit card was a SCAM..if none ever used it kawi and the other manufacturers would have no choice but to find a better credit card co to use..these ppl are total ripoff artists....

Old 11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... What's the recall on the Brute?

Old 11-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kwackermann
... What's the recall on the Brute?
a-arm bolt needs shimmed, they loosen and come out or collapse or something bad if you're riding it and it happens.

Quick Reply: 4.99% Good Times Credit - A good deal? BF okay?