Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Brute Force Owner w/ Some ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brute Force Owner w/ Some ?s

I bought a Brute Force this weekend and while riding it I hear what sounds like an automatic telephoto lens on a camera coming from the right front. I also hear a silmilar noise after I shut the bike off, is this normal. It sounds like the noise my Grizzly made when I locked the front diff, a servo motor, but it was making this noise in 2wd and it did it over and over again. It really sounds like it's coming from the belt housing. The dealer didnt give me an owners manual, so I cant read about anything about this bike yet.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh

It is just your engine brake performing a function test. They all do it, nothing to worry about.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

cool, thanks. next question is: I want to race it on an 1/8th mile dirt drag track, so top end isn't as important as low to mid power. it ran at 50MPH stock, I had a passenger though and the front kept coming off the ground. what mods will make it better on a short run? I looked at the Dyna chip, then I see some of you are running a "holeshot" chip. can you give me some info on what will make this thing come alive?

Old 09-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

The noise when moving is the engine brake servo "working". The noise it makes when the key is turned off is it calibrating itself. DG racing (714-299-3865?) makes a device for people that want to remove or disable the engine brake. They also make a performance device for the Brute and a few others. Here is some info they posted on another forum.

DG5 (Engine Power Module): This module is the 6th generation of this type of performance device since it all began with the original DG Holeshot. Every version has been a complete re-design, based on continuous testing, including the new Brute Force which uses a 4th generation 21119 series Igniter. The DG5 features a re-programmed RISC processor, diagnostic LED, and now an encapsulated toggle switch for selection between "Stock" and "DG5 Power" modes, rather than having to use an external switch for this function. It is no secret to any Prairie owner that has installed any of our previous performance devices, how detuned the stock engine is. The stock Brute Force Igniter is detuned even further, making the DG5 effect more pronounced. Acceleration test runs from 0-60MPH on a completely stock Brute Force with the DG5 were impressive, shaving an average of 0.6 seconds off the run times, and running neck and neck with a popular aftermarket performance Igniter from a California based company. Typical averaged 0-60MPH run times were: Stock 7.30s, DG5 6.73s, and Replacement Igniter 6.70s, with the latter two trading the lead depending on the holeshot. Even with 50 lbs. loaded on the front rack, and laying over the bars, high traction takeoffs are in a word, "violent". Use caution with this device, and if in doubt, switch into the normal, detuned "Stock" mode.

DG6 (Engine Brake Bypass Module): This module will allow the disconnection and/or removal of the stock Engine Braking System without the meter doing the "2wd" to "4wd" display flashing "dance". The DG6 will indicate the current drive mode, and will only indicate 4wd on the display after the 2wd/4wd Servo has fully engaged into 4wd, not just indicate that the 2wd/4wd selection switch is in the 4wd position. With the DG6 installed, riders can select between No Engine Braking and Engine Braking, by unplugging or re-plugging the E-brake Servo, or they may completely remove the Servo to allow the modification of the stock CVT system with KFX-700 or other aftermarket parts.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

thanks again, one more question: it says in the owners manual that the belt light light will flash at 100 hours and I have to take it to Kawasaki to be inspected/reset. does it loose performance when the light is on? and can I reset it myself if so?

Old 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

get use to a bunch of new noises. they are normal but takes getting use to. but to me well worth it. all the modules you add is going to do the same thing for low and mid range. the modules cut out about 40mph. the dyantek cdi goes through the power band and to high end. it does not do more at high end than low it just dont cut off at 40mph. the cdi also has the raised rev limiter, gets rid of the limp mode and gets rid of the reverse override. you can call them at 626-963-1669 and ask them ?'s

Old 09-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Tyr
Trailblazer

The noises, although disconcerting, are normal. You'll get used to them in time. I had a P700
before the Brute, so I'm somewhat used to them by now. But when I first rode the Prairie, I
thought I was gonna go nuts.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

my buddy just got one fri night. he traded in a rincon. he unloaded it at my house and went up the road and came back with a look on his face like someone just stole his truck. i asked him what the hell was wrong and he stated its already broke. he explained the noise it was making and when i explained it was normal he about fell out. lol

Old 09-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

lol, I've owned 2 Polaris 700's so I know about strange noises. as long as its normal I dont care. thanks.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

2005bf750 If you want to be fast drag racin figure out how to put a wheelie bar on it and slam the throttle wide open it will go real fast the clutch likes that treatment but you will have a bad accident without the bar. I hear these bikes can run 5.900s in 300ft as is!! i find that hard to believe but not impossible.