Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Keeping her blue!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping her blue!

Hey all,

Well after some well thought out planning, I figured it's just not gonna feel like a Lakota if it isn't blue, so I scratched the orange plastic, and slapped on my JRD racing graphics on the blue.......

She doesnt look to bad, In fact, I think she looks good!....I figure with the money i saved on not buying plastics......i can buy a nice set of rims and razrs.

But anyways.....I will take some pictures tonight or tomorrow
Let me know what you all think.

~BIG CHRIS~

Old 09-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

The pics look great. The new plastic would just get scratched up in time anyway. I do not think I have ever seen a lakota in person. They are scarce up here in Canada

Old 09-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

BigChris, lakota's only look good if they are blue, and your right if you change the plastics it won't look like a lakota any more!!! Good choice on the tires. That what i'm trying to figure out what tires to get for my quad!!! I think within the last few days i have finally made my choice!!! Your quad looks great, now you just have to work on performance parts. They did not make any graphics for the lakota so i kind of made my own!!! I have to up date my photos so you can see what i did to my quad!!! I only had this quad for a few months and love it!!! Also i did all the work on it myself! The only thing that i had done was the jet kit by my local dealer!!! What a difference with the pipe and jet kit not to mention the air filter!!! Next on my list is tires and 13 tooth sproket!!! By the way how is your 13 tooth sproket!!! Also are the nerf bars worth getting, your the only lakota that i ever saw with nerf bars on, and are they hard to put on!!! Overall i think you made a great choice, and your quad looks mint. Good luck with your tires can't wait to see them on your quad!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

Well,
honestly, I can't actually get to many performance parts because, well where I ride, you want to be quiet rather then noisey.....for example.......If im riding a trail throught farmers land.....I really dont wanna tell them I'm there with a loud pipe.

Performance wise now....I can't be happier...she run's great, I've done everything except a pipe.
The 13t sprocket is the life behind all the speed,
the filter is better then stock
and I played with the carb, to get the best performance.
oh and what most people don't know....Weight reduction......I've dropped the weight of my Lakota to about 400lbs......when i get new tires and rims......even less

with all my mods, top speed is 62mph.....not bad over the stock 51

Do not get nerfbars unless they are made for a lakota.......My nerfbars are for the Mojave....and yes they are very different.......i had to do a lot of cutting, welding and swearing to get mine on, not worth $150 bucks....
The graphics look very good now.....I'm gonna shoot to take pictures after school today
(ya laugh hahaha i still go to school....)
lol
~BIG CHRIS~!

Old 09-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

Got one up!

Check it out

Old 09-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yo BigChris i just checked out your pics with the new graphics looks great!!! That's to bad that you can't get a pipe because they sure do help out a lot. Also they are very loud!!! Also i think that i'm going along the same line you are with some nice T-9 series rims!!! I think that those rims will make the lakota more happyer and also it will look a ton better!!! Also thanks for the info on the nerfs i'm probably going to get them a soon a possible for my quad!!! Blue is the only way to go! Another quick thing is where did you get your shock covers from. I thinking about ordering some from denniskirk but don't know if someone else has them cheaper. They cost about $30.00 for just the fronts not including shipping and handeling also tax!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot to ask where did you get those graphics!!! Also what is the price of them, is there a website where i can look a t those graphics. Another are your nerfs fat series or not.

Old 09-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

First off, I have some more new pictures, CHECK EM OUT!

Ok
VUNIT,

The nerf bars I have are fat series, but they're not for a Lakota, they are for a Mojave, If you buy nerfbars, MAKE SURE, they are for the LAKOTA, not the mojave......the lakota nerfbars look A little different then mine, and I believe they don't come out as much.

Second,
My shock covers I have now cost me a little over $40 bucks......and Im investing in some new, better looking ones soon....i got them online somewhere

um third, my graphics kit is JRD RACING, but it was for a 250R, NOT a lakota....I got it on ebay, with the seat cover.......neather wanted to fit on......It took along time and ALOT of customizationg for the two to go on, and look good on the Lakota.

I will someday get a pipe....and a bunch of other stuff.......but right now its not a priority....honestly I'd prolly rather just have a 450....lol, but I got something that looks like nothing anybody else has.

~BIG CHRIS~

Old 09-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

BigChris i checked out your new pics looks greta i tell you. Sounds like a lot of work and time went into your quad. Thanks for the info on the shocks covers and nerfs. Just wondering why did you get mojave nerfs when they make lakota nerfs in blue already. I was looking at moose shock cover for 30.00 so i think that i will go with those. Thanks again and you quad looking sweet.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Nice pics.Bigchris,that lakota keeps looking better and better.