Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Elson Street report

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:36 PM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elson Street report

Hey, the place is a blast. There were about 50 riders there. A few dirtbikes mostly quads, lots of sport quads.
The place has a little of everything. Mud, mud and more mud, minor rock climbs, what seemed like miles of trails. Some pretty technical stuff. Some flat out hauling. NOT groomed whatsoever, so sections are brutal. Some sandy strips, all in all a blast.

I did see one spectacular wipeout. Hope he's not a reader, if so ~SALUTE~ man! I felt it, we all felt it.
He went hauling into a....wait..
First, this guy had a big cuban cigar, chest waders and a skull helmet-chest waders. got the mental image?
so, he hits about 25 when he goes into the mud, too much left, not enough right and he rolls it. Mud went 10 feet in the air and another 30 feet from the spray. He comes up SOAKED I mean olive drab from head to toe. We were howling! Lost his cigar. No goggles, it was packed in every spot you could imagine. packed into the top of the waders...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Check out my tires- I hit a root or a stick, it was about 1 1/2" around and stuck into the sidewall. Got pinched between the rim and rubber. I'll need to get them to a shop and have the bead broken- pliers, hammer couldnt get it out. check out the distortion in the sidewall.
You think factory tires would have kept the air? I checked the air pressure and lost about (maybe) a half pound. Nice tires. Not the ultimate mud tire, but overall an excellent trail tire where most of what you see is dirt, rocks, roots and pack...and enough mud to make you pay attention.
Love my Bighorns now brudda!
Bighorn poked
stick grip

Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

i had a blast. i got turned around a few times with all the trails darting back and forth. i thought i was going to have to pull my self out on that last STINKY MUD hole.

old smokey was put out pretty quick. LOL

next time, ALL of us get togther.

met a KFX 400 rider out there to. he seamed pretty cool as well.

nice riding with you CWG.

Old 09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Wish I had taken more pics, the couple that turned out are on my personal page, click the pics

yeah it was real fun, forgot the guys name with the sport bike, told him about this website.

CWG