Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Installed EPI PINK

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed EPI PINK

Do you recall the rpm engagement and such? I suppose I could look it up... In theory, If I am running just a tish rich will the CDI make it just about perfect? I am also thinking that a higher engagement prim. spring would not bother me at all in the type of riding I do. Cannot think of too many times I run into a real technical situation where I would need to get off the throttle and then back on and worry about my thumb control of the throttle and engagement rpm. KOD, just got back from your website, the orange blue does look like I would love it. Got a question for ya, when you have the clutch puller in does the clutch pulley break loose goin to the left or the right? I have been up awhile so this might be a dumb question when I read it later.LOL

Old 09-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Strange you mention going lean when installing the Dyna cdi. I thought my jetting was perfect until this past weekend when I ran that proto cdi. It looked to be a tad on the lean side. I will ask Scott about this and see what he has to say. "I also have the 4 degree key in".

The clutch puller turn to the right to break it loose.

The O/B spring engages at around 2080 rpms compared to stock at 1270. If you are on the gas and moving and let off and get on the gas again you will not feel anything with this spring as far as jerking goes. Only time you will notice the jerky motion is at take off. After you have it in for awhile you dont even notice it anymore.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:56 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

Is the pink the next one up from stock, or is that the black one?

thanks, CWG

Old 09-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

As far as primary springs from EPI goes I believe the pink is the next one up from stock as far as rpm's engagement goes.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:04 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

thanks, I might be tempted to try that one, I really dont want to start the game with my small blocks- the last hi-stall converter...while very cool, was very much the pain

Old 09-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

I dont think you would find the Dalton Orange/blue or the Plain/White a pain. Actually, since you have a stock P650 with stock spring to start with, the Dalton Plain/White would be an excellent addition. It has a slightly lower engagement at 1720 rpms VS. the 2080 the O/B has. The Plain/White is geared more for stock powered P650s and is what Dalton includes in their kit. I used to run it until I did the last couple of mods and now the O/B benifits my P650 more than the Plain/White did.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:28 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

thanks

Old 09-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Nutsy, yes the cdi in my opinion is the best power for the money being you can instal it yourself so easily and quickly. My bike needed to be leaner with cdi,

Old 09-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I run the PINK epi in my Prairie and like it a lot, I feel for the money Its been the best 25 bucks Ive spent!
I may play around and switch to the Red for a little more hit? But for all around trail riding the PINK is a very good place to start. I think it is also accompanies the Dyna CDI very well. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
785 V-Force [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SATURDAY!!
Prairie 700
Team Green Plastic
Progressive Springs
OMF Beadlocks
Maxxis Big Horns
Dyna CDI
EPI Pink Spring/RED
Twin Air Filter
HMF Penland Exhaust
hot cams-on the way!
Oh and a Bunch of other Toyz

Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KISSSOFDEATH
If you want a killer spring try the Dalton Orange/blue after you try the pink out.
Tim, What RPM does the Orange/blue engage at??? and is this the spring that dalton uses for the Brute Force clutch kit along with the weight's??/ By the way I got my Brute yesterday........

Quick Reply: Installed EPI PINK