Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Installed EPI PINK

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 05:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed EPI PINK

Put her on over the weekend, I like it a lot. Barely notice the higher stall, pulls harder at speed wheelies even easier than before. Hardest part of the install was disconnecting the stinkin wire harness, I hate trying to push in those little tabs and then pull the thing apart. Had to use a flat head to make enough space to pull it apart. Everything else went smooth, KOD's website helped a lot with the pictures and all, thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The belt looked good although I did not check the tolerances, as I recall I am just getting close to 50 hrs. on her. Cannot wait for the CDI to come! I also went up one size on my jetting just to see how she ran, I went 1 size leaner before and it did not run as strong, but I had not tried 1 size richer until this weekend. Seems just a tish rich now but still pulls hard, I think I will leave it this way, better to be a little
rich than too lean I suppose. Wanna see how it runs with the CDI in also. Has anyone needed to go a little richer with the CDI? I took the plastic piece off the front that covers the intake and it runs better with my current jetting. I also lined the inside of my airbox with some grease to catch dust, cannot remember who I heard that from on here but thanks seems to work great. Later

Old 09-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Glad the pictures helped. Im thinking about going up one jet size bigger in the front after this weekend running the proto type dyna cdi. Im running a 148 at the moment and need a 150.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

Is the prototype CDI something different than what I ordered from Dynatek? Or is it one of the originals? Do you like it and does it run good for ya?

Old 09-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

This is a early proto type that Sgt Rock had. It only has 31 degrees of advance compared to 33 the ones have now. This 31 is just what I need to work with my 4 degree offset key. Its amazing that I have the opportunity to get it and run it. It does have kickback and kicked back 1 out of 3 times I tried it last weekend. I already know this and dont care because I use the pull rope all the time and dont have any trouble starting it with my left hand while giving it a tad bit of throttle. This cdi works excellent and much better than the original "kickback" ones I bought and sent back. All I can say is Im lucky to have it.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

Cool, I wonder how long it will take to get my CDI, I ordered it last week. My prairie also has some of that clicking noise coming from around the engine/tranny area. I can only hear it at lower speeds, what do you think it is? Seems like a few of us have this issue. Not too worried about it at this point though either, she runs dang awesome.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Its really hard to say about the clicking noise. From past history most of the clicking comes from the primary area of the cvt. Its hard to tell when the cdi will come too.

Old 09-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Range Rover

Little browny showed up at my house today with a little present, guess what it was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] CDI!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot wait to try it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 09-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Nutsy, What tires are you running to use the pink spring? Let us know how you like the cdi.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Range Rover

Still have the stockers. Travelor, do you think your CDI was the best bang for your buck as far as mods go? I love the pink spring, now I almost want to even have a little more aggressive spring. They are cheap, I suppose I can get another to try out soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

If you want a killer spring try the Dalton Orange/blue after you try the pink out.

Quick Reply: Installed EPI PINK