Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Exhaust mod idea-prairie- update & pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust mod idea-prairie- update & pics

Did you do this for hunting? I was under the impression you wanted more flow. Looks like you did some good work on it. Its a lot different than what I was expecting though.

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:54 PM
CWG
|
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust mod idea-prairie- update & pics

I couldnt find a muffler that would fit the way I wanted it to. (in between the stock muff and right tire)
Hunting, trailing yes, quieter yes without sacrificing low end performance. I recall from my small block days a few tricks about flow and scavenging turbulent zones, like the muffler. I got sidetracked from where I started, wound up with something different, and a good lesson.
I did get quite a bit more flow- I need to tweak the carbs now. The extra pipe really lowered the overall tone of the sound without sacrificing the new found power.
We did a four cylinder turbo- no muffler, just 1 3/4" pipe all the way under and out- great sound and great flow
With the holeshot and spring it should really come to life- I had it out tonight and it really jumps from 5-20, way more torque than prior to all mods.
I was looking for perf increases without the noise.
After I get tired of this I am giving serious thoght to building a muffler to replace the factory one- with near silence the goal- without sacrificing the ooomph I got now. It will need more pipe and theirs not too much room, but its doable
I just found a top notch welder thats very reasonable in price- thats a serious step in the right direction to mod something!