Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Locked out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
DOA
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked out?

I wanted to post a reply to Mikes thread about censorship but cannot because I 'm locked out.

Is this not more censorship?

Has anybody ever lived behind the Iron Curtain on here and can give the owners of this site a lesson in Communism and how censorship was it's main downfall, all they wanted was to be Number 1 also. At least they can't electronically Zap you when doing wrong over the airways(yet). They just sent you to the saltmines of Siberia back then for 15 years, reason, democratic tendencies, even boy scouts and girl guides were shipped!!! The train trip killed most, cattle cars packed full with no relief through 7 frozen times zones, did you grab your slippers?

I love my Freedom, hense my ATV ,as most others do too it seems, we are Freedom Lovers. Owners of ATV forums should be well advised that we will move just like millions moved/ran out from behind the Iron Curtain.

I have a link to the genocide the Communists did to the people of Latvia, my ggf left in 1891 (thank God), researching has broken my heart but not allowed to show you (via a link) or the thread will be removed. How is one allowed to fight such if we do not have FREE SPEECH.

I would be advertizing for democracy and fighting censorship and we all know, no advertizing is allowed.

Darrell O. Abolit, (DOA)

The surname means, little apple. Seen any lately?

Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

that's sensorship alright. That's what I like about my site, I don't have any sponsors so nobody is in my back pocket, I can let people say whatever they want. The only thing I won't tollerate is racism.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

DOA... thanks for the support, but I'm not trying to start trouble here, & DBECK has expressed his thoughts on the subject... being a pioneer in this industry, I can only hope ( since I do like this forum ), that he will not sit on his hands, but will look with the vision that he must have used initally, at the direction the forums are going, & the power that these forums have, & the need for all of us, sport & utility riders of all brands, to comunicate, & figure out what really needs to be done next, & how he can profit, while offering the support that the ATV community needs...

I think I did express some valid points, & I'm greatful for the fact that they did not delete the post completely...

Old 09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

IBTL
which means, "in before the lock"
LOL
Hey, this site is loosey goosey compared to high lifter!

Old 09-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

yeah, highlifter got mad at me for asking why they wont let that topic about Polaris rod bearings drop. I stopped going there after that.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:27 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

I asked if Mudlites or 589s were "ok' for trail...three pages of flames erupted.
So, after I decided (yeh, kept reading) that X tires were good, I stoopidly asked where to buy them...duh, not realizing that hilifter was a retail spot...

Old 09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

This is a great site and I think the mods do a good job, but Mike had a valid point, that the same people that use to post here don't anymore, at least on the Kawi site or at least not as often.

Time of year, maybe, but a good business should always be concerned by loss of customers.

Locking a thread that was titled Censorship, kind of proves a point.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Locked out?

When do you find out the world is not so perfect, two or threee years of age.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Locked out?

I locked the thread because we have over 50,000 members who have a lot more time to sit and discuss the topic than I do! History has proven that if I respond in a thread it will go on and on and on for days with people commenting and expecting me to personally write back in response to them. When I don't respond, they get mad at me or think I don't care (which is untrue.)

I listened to your comments, I responded to the thread. Then I locked it because I don't have the time to discuss it further. I hope that makes sense. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DOA - I'm sorry, but you do not have free speech here. This is a business and as such we have rules. People can't disobey the rules and then cite free speech as the reason they should be allowed to break the rules. We will remove any post at any time if we feel it's in our best interest to do so. You only see one side of the topic which is understandable. This is what I would like you to understand. We are doing something that has never been done before in the ATV industry. We have established an ATV business/magazine that exists solely online. All of our revenue (livelihood) comes from the web site and we pay our employees from revenues earned online. Any other ATV site you look at has a business selling accessories, or a print magazine, or is done on the side as a hobby. We are unique. Our goal is to create an online ATV resource like you've never seen before and we will do that. Early next year we're launching something that nobody has done and which every ATVer is going to totally love. It's a free service to you, too. We can't do those things if we don't look out for our interest as a business. What you need to understand is that when you help and support us, you help yourself. Because we're trying to create something exceptional for the ATV community.

We will make the decisions as to what is acceptable content and what isn't.

Newbeatle - we did listen to your comments and I didn't write you off. I am considering what you said. Every member of the forum is important to us and we care about all of you -- even you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am going to lock this thread. I know you won't be happy about it. But I've already spent 20 minutes drafting yet another (this) response and I don't have the time today for chatting about stuff. I would talk more if I could.

Thanks for understanding.