Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

4 dollar mod for V.... air scoops

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 dollar mod for V.... air scoops

Here's my V air scoop. It's not a blower, but with the airbox lid off it might let in a tiny bit more air. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hell with the whine of the transmission and these scoops I might be able to convince someone who doesn't know better that I have a supercharger....LOL

Anyway, my camera is broken so I had to use my webcam. That means I can't show you it mounted to the bike until I can figure out how to get my webcam into the garage.

This mod cost a total of 4 bucks. I bought a tiny sheet of metal and one posterboard. Cut my pattern from the poster board, cut the metal with tinsnips. Bent it to shape with a pair of pliers and my hands. Cut the holes with a dremel, drilled it for some screws and that's it. Took about 2 hours to complete.

What I like most about this is that is shows off the design of the V. On any other bike this would be the gas tank. But on the V it can be this.

Picture of my V air scoops.

Old 10-03-2004, 07:42 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

creative mod. cool

Old 10-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

YES YES YES!!!!

First thanks for the comment.

I have heard stories on the net and on the dunes of Vs that could beat YFZs and Shees and Raptors and so forth in straight up drags. I knew I'd be one of them one day.....today was that day.

I don't know if it was because I went up 7 sizes in my jets to run without my airbox lid, or if it was my nifty airscoops I built yesterday, or the it was just my day to win. I don't care either way.

Tonight there must have been 30 quads out there. A little bit of everything including a group I call the Wild Bunch because they are always together and patrol the dunes like a pack of wilds dogs always looking for a new jump or drag.

Bikes out there included stock/modded shees, stock/modded YFZs, and stock/modded Raps.

Now don't get me wrong, I always do pretty good. I never lose by much but to be honest I am used to 2nd place. Always right on their ***, but still in 2nd. (on drags anyhow). Tonight I'd say 50% of the time I was taking the whole group. And no single quad could beat me every time. I was getting the holeshot and leading the whole race.

The race was a 300-yard uphill sand/gravel drag with an inclined starting postion.

I actually became the bike to beat, I was getting challenged by anyone wanting to measure their bike against the fastest. I actually overheard 2 guys talking to each other saying "Yea you beat the YFZ but race that guy on the Kawasaki".

I was a beautiful thing and I was getting hand shakes through out the night. I never let those guys forget they just got beat by an auto..LOL I love it!

Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

LMAO CWG I was just gonna ask the same thing. I guess i'm too old for this new fangled lingo

Old 10-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't re-jet for the scoops so it won't run fat. They are more for show than anyhting else. When you look under the V the front fenders channel air into the airbox anyhow. The V has natural ram air.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

I got my video camera working good enough to take these. Not daytime pics so I have to get close to see any detail...sorry. Also there is a pic of a little bling bling I'm adding to my thing thing. Not really bling I guess but it's a little Nuclear radiation warning logo (isn't your V nuclear powered?) I hand painted on the cover on the right side of the bike. Probably won't last long but it's cool until it rubs off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

images

Old 10-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Looks good Alien, thanks for sharing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]