Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My CDI report

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CDI report

Put her in and the first impression was that it really wants to idle a little quicker when I used the choke, was kinda cold in the mornin. Let it warm up and drove down and back on the driveway. I thought well, my jetting might be off a bit. My buds and I hit the trail right away that mornin. Later, I got a chance to open her up on the pavement. Got a new top speed, 73mph where I was previously doin 71mph on the same strip of road. I can really feel the ignition advance in the mid range on up. But my low end feels worse. Last week after my primary spring install I did a wheelie down a slight decline at 12mph and I tried the same thing after the CDI install and no wheelie. When doing my top speed run I backed off the throttle and quickly got back on it and the quad stuttered. I then backed off again and gave it more throttle slower this time, and it still wanted to pull. Before I changed my jets a couple weeks ago my bike would never stutter like that. I will have to switch back and forth with and without the CDI on the same day to really get a good feel. I was too excited to drive it stock the same day before the CDI install, had buds waiting to hit the trail as well(did not want them to wait). Maybe I should go leaner like I had it before. I thought she was runnin a tish rich anyhow after I tried one size larger mains last week.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default My CDI report

The cdi Im runnin made me go a tad lean if anything. Im looking to put a 150 main up front. 73 is a nice speed. Was that on level ground or downhill? How long do think it took you to get there?

Old 10-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Range Rover
Default My CDI report

The 73mph was acheived going from flat to a downhill. Not sure how long it took to get there but I definitely reached my previous high of 71 way sooner than before. I will have to do a flat run to see the top speed, suppose I could try to measure some distances too. It still kinda bothers me about the low end, I keep my quad a good 35 minutes from my townhouse at my girlfriends' parents farm so it's not like I can go home after work and tinker with it on a whim. Might have to wait till this weekend to do this stuff. Sold my Ram to my bro a month or so ago and now have a explorer without a trailer, so I no longer keep it at home.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default My CDI report

That sucks. I know how you feel about having to wait on testing things out. Most of the time I have to wait 2 weeks.