Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Check out our Great Pres. Clintons way of

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought this might be of interest. Though I am not a military man myself, I think we all can sympathize with them, as this type of behavior on the part of Pres. Clinton is absolutely uncalled for. If the great men and women who defend this country can no longer wear their own uniforms, of which carry specific meaning, and pride, what then can they pride themselves in, when seen in civillian clothes in public places. That in itself is pretty ****-poor if you ask me, yet the whole issue about the flag-well, if we can't even fly our own countries flag at full mast, what then comes next? Put our tail between our legs, turn and run the other way? What kind of cowardly thing to do is that? While keeping up foreign relations may contain certain rules and regulations of which I am definately unaware, there has got to be a limit somewhere, at least for moralities sake. Anybody ever see "Top Gun", when Mav. and Goose are "keeping foreign relations" with an enemy mig in an inverted dive? Catch my point?

I tried to clean this up a bit, as it was a little difficult to read, so please, bear with me if I missed a few things:

As usual be sure you haven't just eaten as it will make a person upchuck
in disgust with the current administration. Senator Murray please say
the following isn't so.

Subject: PRESIDENT CLINTON
>President Clinton reportedly plans to visit China and Vietnam before the end of his term, and, according to high-ranking Navy officers, the commander in chief will alter long-standing naval regulations to allow the American flag to fly below that of Vietnam when he sails into the communist nation's territorial waters on a US Navy ship.

Highly placed Navy sources who spoke on condition of anonymity believe this action on the president's part would further devastate already tenuous Navy morale. As part of his swan song, Clinton reportedly intends to visit two ports aboard Naval vessels. Trip one takes him to the People's Republic of China, which has a regulation that no war ship of any country may enter its territorial waters flying a flag higher than that of the People's Republic of China. According to one Navy source, China and the US have effected a compromise whereby both flags -- the US and the PRC -- will be flown from US naval
vessels at the same height. But visceral outrage is resulting from a proposed change to Navy regulations that would result in the American flag being displayed subordinate to the flag of Vietnam.

Navy regulations and tradition prescribe that no country's flag will be displayed in a superior position to the US flag. However, Vietnam's rules reportedly demand that the Vietnamese flag shall always fly in a superior position to any other country's flag.

High-ranking naval officers, speaking on condition that their names not be published, say the reason for all the alarm, anger and career-threatening rhetoric is that Clinton allegedly has either ordered, or is about to order, the secretary of the Navy to amend regulations to permit the Vietnamese flag to be displayed over the US flag. "I'd like to blow the @#&*%&*% thing up!" said one frustrated officer. The United States Navy Regulations began with the enactment by the Continental Congress of the "Rules for the Regulation of the Navy of the United Colonies" on Nov. 28, 1775. So a long and proud history bolsters the long-held Navy tradition that no country's flag will fly higher than that of the United States.

Commenting on the report, Col. David Hackworth, America's most decorated living war veteran, said, "What's new? Clinton has done everything else to dishonor the flag, why not make it number two?" He added, "Congress ought to pull this traitor's travel plug ... now." Calls to the Navy Staff Operations and Special Events office were referred to the Public Affairs Office, which
then referred WND to the news desk. When WND outlined the scenario, the spokesman -- whose first comment was, "Wow" -- later called back to say, "We haven't been able to find anything on it yet, but we're trying to run the story to ground."

Adm. Thomas B. Fargo, commander in-chief of the US Pacific Fleet, reportedly has visited the People's Republic of China recently also, although the reason for the trip is not known.
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>NOTE: Some of you may wonder what the fuss is about, but please remember that the Navy prides itself on honor and tradition. The Naval Officers are not being "childish and petty" when they speak out against this.

Morale is at an all-time low, and military commands do not need to once again be berated for their job. How does this "slap in the face" decision fall under the power(s) of the Commander in Chief? It reminds me of when Hillary ordered that uniforms not be worn by the White House in-house Marines.

This order still stands, if you visit the White House today, 8 yrs. later. What used to be a sought-after, privileged job, is now seen as a tour of punishment by these young Marines who stand around in civilian clothes. They not only lost their uniform but their self-esteem to be seen in the uniform they are asked to defend. How much more can the people that are asked to defend our freedom take? The crews on the Navy ships leave their families and loved ones behind more than 6 months at a time.

Everything possible should be done to praise and encourage them for their dedication! Clinton will enjoy his boat ride for a few hours and never look back to see the eyes of the men and women who serve our country. Just as the Clinton Administration will never look back at the damage that has been done to our Military and to this Nation.

Please forward this information to your E-mail list. It is being blocked by all major news media.

Old 11-10-2000, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Good to hear from you Cowboy! Too bad it has to be such a sad post. One of my best friends was a Marine. I said 'was' because he couldn't or wouldn't take all the PC mumbo jumbo being thrown about.
It just sickens me what Klinton is doing with the military (and most other things). For all the crap he makes them do, he sure doesn't pass up a photo op with the servicemen when it will help his approval numbers.
When he got up in fron of the TV cameras to deny the Lewinsly thing, I knew right away he was up to something. His eyes looked EXACTLY like a coyote when he is in a trap. One second they act like a harmless little puppy all innocent, but take one step too close & they will try to take a chunk out of you. Well, enough rambling. I may read this again & go upchuck. Maybe going over this again will be better than a Jenny Craig diet.
Take care
PS Deer season starts here tomorrow!

Old 11-11-2000, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that since it is the US entering another's country that the flags should be set = to each other to show respect, but making it as if a country is superior to the US is downright redickulous.

Old 11-11-2000, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

And today, "Veterans' Day," formerly known as "Armistice Day," Clinton is standing on the same stage with veterans, mouthing patriotic platitudes . . .

Clinton, who evaded the draft himself by a technique easy for him--another Lie, and the Lie has served him well ("Depends upon what the definition of 'is," is!)--fraudulent enrollment in ROTC at the University of Arkansas (which he never attended). Not unlike Gore's bogus enrollment in Divinity School to leave Vietnam early (not that Gore faced any danger there).

After Clinton's successful draft-dodging, he wrote in a letter to the Professor of Military Science & Tactics at Arkansas that he "hated the military." Now he loves the military he dispatches worldwide in harm's way for "nation-building" of "deserving" third-world countries?

Diogenes