Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Off Topic. Need Help Catching a Trespasser.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic. Need Help Catching a Trespasser.

YOU CAN LOOK AT DICKS SPORTING GOODS THEY HAVE A FEW BRANDS THAT ARE ABOUT A HUNDRED BUCKS. THEY ALSO HAVE INFA RED TIMERS THAT ARE CHEAPER, ONE TO FIVE HUNDRED EVENTS. CABELAS.COM AND BASS PRO SHOPS ON LINE. IVE USED ALL FOR DEER AND PEOPLE . GET A CAMERA THAT LOCKS TO THE TREE AND HIDE IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Metal gate....

All I can say is Red on Positive and Black on neg.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Metal gate....All I can say is Red on Positive and Black on neg.
I was having fuel stolen out of my vehicles a few years back.....

In this situation the infared hunting camera would be an excellent idea. Like another member posted, a pic on the gate will probably take care of the trespasser.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

shotgun, you got the wright idea but not the correct voltage. im thinking about the white and black wires.

therock, they sell a little device at a hunting store that uses a string with a clock, very small and not to noticeable. its a trail timer. same idea that rescuediver had, but water proof.

the problem i see with the cameras is,

1- FLASH. hes going to see it.

2- GONE. you wouldnt get to see him.

3- PISSED. you lost all that money on a camera and you still dont know how he is.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hi someone on this forum had some photos of a bear that had tripped his big game camera...It might have been coyotechaser ? I can not remember for sure. Deerchoper as someone already mentioned the flash is undetectable.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: PINKMOON
Hi someone on this forum had some photos of a bear that had tripped his big game camera...It might have been coyotechaser ? I can not remember for sure. Deerchoper as someone already mentioned the flash is undetectable.
It was Coyotechaser but he doesn't have those pictures on his photo page anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Guys,

There is an old version of "TrailTimer" that may do the trick. It's an infa-red non-camera device with 5 led time and date clocks. I'll get him going in and out twice and once more going in. I'll be able to see how long he stays in there too.
Although the picture on the gate is interesting, I'm not that forgiving. If I do see them on the property, I'll toss the book at him.
The local law enforcement is aware of my woes and the gate is where they pass everyday and for some at night.
The Security for the resort properties I belong too is 2 miles down the road. They are all moonlighting law enforcement. The team leader has assured me they will take notice of the gate when going to and from the area. One of the officers is close friends with a Gordon county DNR officer and said she will get him to do the same. They are 7 in all, some county and some state. One of them is the X-Sheriff of Chatsworth, 2 are the county and the firearms instructors for the department, and 2 are state troopers, I havn't met the others.
The cable and lock can be viewed from the road when going by at a slow roll, and the cable has a reflective stripe. If the cable is down they will enter the property and do business if the porpurtraiter is still there.

Some of what I found

trailmaster
Terra
TrailTimer

Old 10-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

NEARLY ALL OF THESE CAMERAS HAVE THE OPTION TO SHUT OFF THE FLASH . SEVERAL HAVE CABLES TO LOCK TO THE TREE . THE DIGITAL ONES USE INFA RED AND ACCESS CODES TO GET PHOTOS BUT ARE PRICEY.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:21 AM
TIC
Pro Rider

Being a land supervisor not an owner of 600 acres, I will bet you money it is either meth, or good ol american pot. they are harvesting right now!

Tell you local law informent you suspect that and they will be more than willing to use that part of there budget to set up a stake out.

My father and I actually had the law come to us and ask permission to set up on the land.
And wouldnt you know once word got around town.... which it will.. that gate has not been tore down, cut down, or walked through for over 6 months now.

All you got to really do is go to the local coffee shop and plant the seed into the one person that is the local town gossip... we all have em,,, saying the local law is setting up a sting on your land, word will get around. And the power of words is very cheap.

Old 10-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

my dads friend got a 100 dollar nightvision camoed out camera for deer hunting that would work nicely.

Quick Reply: Off Topic. Need Help Catching a Trespasser.