Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

just bought a new p700 team green today

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a new p700 team green today

Congrats on the new machine, Pete. Did you also test ride the Grizz? Not trying to start anything here. Actually I'm about ready to buy and am stuck between the P700 and Grizz, could use an opinion, that's all. From what I hear, the power can't be beat.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

as a matter of fact i had rode several grizzlies. they are great quads dont get me wrong, but they just dont handle well and feel very tippy up side the prairie. and they vibrate like a large displacement single cylinder. overall in the power department there is no comparison to the sherman tank torque the prairie has on tap. the griz does ride better with the irs, but the feedback through the handlebars is vague and unsettling. irs is nice i suppose, but the solid axle is more fun to ride and just handles better to me. i spent the last three months researching and riding quads, because the cost of the big bores is so high. i waited on the kq and liked it best of all the irs quads, but being an all new machine is quite frankly unnerving. and once again it is a one lunger that vibrates to much. the prairie is the most tried and true of the big bores and it suits me best. that being said, the best advice i can give is to do like i did and ride them all and check out all the great forums on the internet for as much info as possible and then spend YOUR hard earned money on what suits you best. have a great evening and good luck on your quad shopping. remember, brand loyalty means nothing, the quad that suits you the best is the one YOU need. pete

Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Pete. I agree with you in that I wouldn't buy anything that is in it's first year. I will definately try to test ride as much as possible before I buy, but not many dealers around here will let you. Besides it's hard to tell anything from putting around a parking lot.