Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

just bought a new p700 team green today

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a new p700 team green today

hi, i just got my new p700 this morning. i had waited to see and ride the suzuki kq, and liked it alot, but the prairie just had more power where i like it to be, way down low. also, the biggest factor for me was the prairie has been tried and true and the team green looks soooooooo good. i have already took all the bolts around the plastic out and loctited them as per some of the great peoples recommendations in this forum.
the one question that i have is about the kebc unit. it nearly works to good for my taste. just idleing around it is great. but it just seems to feel like it is holding back running at speed. i am just wondering if it will loosen up a bit as it breaks in or if it can be adjusted in any way. any response would be greatly appreciated. have a great weekend one and all. pete

Old 10-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations on the Team Green Prairie! I bought one myself, partly because after seeing one in person I just had to have one. They are definitely bad to the bone, LOL.

I think what you are feeling is just the characteristics of the Prairie 700s clutching, because it does seem to rev more at moderate to high speed than other CVT equipped utility ATVs I have owned. If you do not get used to it in time you may be able to tune it more to your likeing with a little clutch tuning. Dalton Industries would be a good place to call if you decide to go that route.

Have fun with that Team Green Prairie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

OuterLimit

Old 10-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Trailblazer

thanks outerlimit. i am sure i will get used to it very soon. the only other quads i have been are blasters and a honda rancher 4x4 before this. i can honestly say that i just used to think that riding was a blast, now i realize it is much more than that. it is also nice to have the simple things like real brakes and push button 4wd. my rancher was probably a good bike, but you had to have gorrila arms to steer it and also to hold it straight while using the crappy front drum brakes. i cant believe people still rush out to buy those wagon wheel technology quads and never give the other brands a second thought. thanks again for the reply and have a great weekend. pete

Old 10-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

just wondering, did the knuckle just break, or did you have or wreck or what seemed to be the problem with it? is there something i should inspect on mine? hope the dealership gets yours fixed soon so you can get back in the seat. thanks, pete

Old 10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen a couple now at the dealers and they really look great.

Old 10-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

kiss of death, one of the leading factors to my purchase of the prairie was your incredibly detailed website with all the great pictures and captions. i have always been a hot rodder and earn my living on the end of a wrench. so no longer do i enjoy old race cars. i bought my son a blaster last year and we figured out quickly the fun factor and i purchased a 4wd rancher, what a mistake. i loved to ride but that thing would just wear me out. i sold it about 2 months ago and started looking at all the atv forums and found your website, and it took all my fears of the cvt tranny away. there is really nothing to them that can really just shell except the belt. most of my fears were eliminated. thanks for all the great info and have a great weekend. pete

Old 10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

You are welcome Pete. It makes me feel good to hear your comments. Not "self Pride" feel good but feel good as in helping guys out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Im sure you will enjoy your new ride. I wish mine was a P700 like yours.

Old 10-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, ... nice website KOD. If you wouldn't mind me asking, how much difference did the Elka front springs make? Were they worth the cost, and do you have the Elka rear shock as well?

OL

Old 10-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

The Elka springs are the second best mod "investment" on my atv. I wish I had made the switch when I first bought my P650 instead of waiting almost two years. The dual rate spring work excellent in giving a nice ride without the front end roll at high speeds and cornering. The most noticable difference is in going down a hill and making an off camber turn. Before it felt like the P650 wanted to turn over because the spring were to soft. Now the Elkas keep the P650 upright and much more confidence is there. $225 delivered was money well spent.

I dont have the rear shock. At over $500 is kinda expensive when my rear stock one seems to be working fine. I highly recommend upgrading to the Elka Springs and would do that before I put new tires on.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

KOD, Good ideal with the ramp connected to the truck bed and the trailer, i'll have to try it.

Quick Reply: just bought a new p700 team green today