Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How much might this cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much might this cost?

I just need an estimate:

I have a Brute Force and My dealer charges $55 an hour.

I need:

Warn 2500 installed

DynoJet Jet kit installed

Valves adjusted

Dayco HP belt installed

Thanks

Old 10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

I think 55 is an ok rate, they charge 85 around my way! thats why you have to learn how to do some of your own mantanice, Some of it can be important to know on the trails as well! ~coop [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It might be worth tryin you do a few of the mods yourself??

Warn 2500 - Very easy to install ( Just take your time )
Valves adjusted - Are you sure you need it? Mine didnt need ajusting until I had almost 1000 miles.
Dayco belt - Why? You should get at least a year out of yours unless you've had a problem?
DynoJet Jet kit - Again Why? ( Just my oppinion Over Rated, But with some mods maybe helpful?)

Old 10-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

I'm good with tools, but wiring has never been my strong point.
I could easily mount my winch, but I'm nervous of the wiring.

As for the Valves, I was told that it might be a good idea to get it done after the break period (10hrs) I know the manual says yearly.

The Brute Force responded well on the Dyno with just the DynoJet Kit alone. About 2 rwhp. Some Brute Force owners also have a lean condition, although I don't. I ordered the DynaTek Module so I figure rejetting would be a good idea.

The Dayco belts are highly recommended by Highlifter. They are supposed to handle a lot more abuse in deep mud and heavy pulling. They don't slip nearly as much as the stock belts. I figure the Dayco would last longer than the stock belts and wouldn't be as likely to leave me stuck on a trail with a smoked belt. Also said to be MUCH cheaper than factory belts. The Dayco is $32.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Range Rover

dont worry about the winch wiring it isnt hard at all...probably be a good first for you to try your skills on....it would be a waste of money to have the dealer do it if you are at all in any way mechanically inclined....the belt also isnt that hard to do...especially if you spend like 10 bucks and make nyroc's(i ithnk it was his idea)...tool for the pulleys

Old 10-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Bama Brute
Most dealers have a minimum set rate/hours for labor for each task. Call the service department and see how much time is alloted for each task & Multiply & add tax & your total won't be a few pennies off the estimate/bill.

TuffENuff

Old 10-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Dayco belt?
They are good at making fan belts for cars. Do they use Kevlar? Do they use double cog design? I wouldn't use that brand on my quads. I have more than 1000 miles on the same OEM belt on my P700. Usually you get what you pay for.