Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Questions for BF owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for BF owners

My buddy is thinking about buying one and he was wondering:

How they handle?
How stable they are on sides of hills, he does not have IFS/IRS?
How trail mannered they are?

Any info/reviews would be great! Thanks!

Old 10-20-2004, 06:00 AM
Range Rover

HE WILL LOVE THE S@#! OUT OF IT. I JUST TOOK MINE TO THE BADLANDS IN ATTICA INDIANA FOR A TWO DAY RIDING AND CAMP OUT. NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH THE MONSTER. I DO HAVE THE HL POWER PACK INSTALLED AND 5" REAR WHEEL SPACERS. I WILL HAVE THIS FOR A LONG TIME.......OR UNTIL KAWASAKI COMES OUT WITH A LARGER ONE.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have had several straight axle bikes over the years including sport bikes and utility. I think the ride and handling on my brute force is the best of all worlds. I am not just saying that because I own one either. If I didn't like it I would get rid of it. This is my second quad this summer the first being a new 400 Rancher AT which had little power and a rough ride so I traded on this Brute force. I have owned quads for as long as they have been making quads and I still say the Brute Force is an awesome bike to ride. I have 300 miles on mine which came from a week long ride down at Hatfield and Mckoy. I feel that I have spent sufficient time on this bike to find all flaws and the only thing I can see that is weak is the rims and tires. 2 ply tires and aluminum rims are fine for making the quad meet the 600 pound limit but in the real world they do not hold up. As far as stable on the side of hills I do not really notice a difference the only difference in the Independent rear is whe nyou try to slide. It will slide some but then it hooks up and you rocket out of the corner. It just takes a different type of cornering style.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 AM
Range Rover

HEY ARCTICCOP ARE YOU IN LAW ENFORCEMENT IN OHIO? JUST CHECKING BECAUSE I AM A COUNTY DEPUTY ON THE INDIANA OHIO BORDER. LET ME KNOW.......

Old 10-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: arcticcop
My buddy is thinking about buying one and he was wondering:

How they handle?
How stable they are on sides of hills, he does not have IFS/IRS?
How trail mannered they are?
- With stock tires, the quad handles OK. It is easier to spin the rear than you may expect because the power gets the tires working so quickly. In tight quarters, do NOT expect it to handle like a sport quad. However, the sheer "bruteness" of the unti takes over and eventually you have fun just mauling over anything and everything. Once the tires are upgraded to something a little wider, it handles AWESOME.

- Stability is something I had to get used to. The quad feels a little tippy at times but in reality it is not going to tip...it just feels that way. Definitely something to get used to. Just learn to lean and move yer weight around and it's all good. Once again,bigger/better tires will make it as stable as can be.

- Trail manners? It rides great and soaks up bumps very well without beating you up. On open trails at higher speeds, it's blast to just blast through everything. On tighter trails at slower speeds, it does take some muscle to turn it. Plus, it's WIDE and you need more room than someone on a Honda Foreman. You gotta watch the throttle on this thing coming out of turns because it will lift the front end very easily.

I' have 650miles on mine and always come back from rides with a smile on my face [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

He'll love it...

Mike

Old 10-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

killzoneq2, Yes I am cop. I work, Sheriffs Office part time and I just got hired with ODNR full time as a Twig Pig(Park Ranger). LOL

Also to everyone else thanks for the info, but I hate you all, it makes me want to go look at them, and you know where that ends up "Just put her in the truck" but It would be hard to justify a new bike. I just bought the AC in January and there is nothing wrong with it, I really like it! but more power always sounds good!

Oh yeah, my friend was concerned about the durability of the front end, He was wondering about brush guards. AC makes a good one and he likes that idea?!? any input?

Old 10-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

I am in Wayne County Indiana and we plan several trips a year. We usually go with 5 ISP troops from Evansville and a few of my County buddys and some Richmond Police officers. My e-mail is cblack4395@aol.com, e-mail me your e-maill address and I will invite you the next time we go. We are planning a trip March or April to Red Rock, I think is in Kentucky. We just got back from the BadLands for a 2 day camp out. Cold but had a blast. Hope to hear from you soon. We are always looking for new brothers to ride with.