Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!

i read on another site that they will still have a pro supercross/motorcross team, but nothing else. they said that kawi has a new CEO, and thats the cause of this. he feels that the racing program is wasting money. i hope he changes his mind.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: melvin
i read on another site that they will still have a pro supercross/motorcross team, but nothing else. they said that kawi has a new CEO, and thats the cause of this. he feels that the racing program is wasting money. i hope he changes his mind.
Ah! A newbie! How long before he learns that racing is advertising? Because...he will learn. Oh yes...he WILL learn! The bottom line will hit him like landing on the uphill side of the ramp!

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

That sucks. I always went for PBR!

Old 10-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Range Rover

The bottom line money the new company BOZO is talking about is our money buying product i know I bought my prairie off of the racing stats of pbr, kilby,and the likes of! this truely is showing company dedication at its worst now is it not, go figure. J.H.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

When we built our first 650 Prairie race quad I spent alot of time on the phone with Mike Penland and I learned alot from him. He truely is a great guy. When we started racing our main goal was to beat team PBR!!! We all know that if you can beat or even compete with the likes of Mike and team PBR you have accomplished alot, just to run in the same race as him was a rush in itself! I can honestly say that the quad race world will not be the same if he isn't there! Then there is the rest of the TEAM GREEN riders,,, I know several people who looked up to them just for the simple fact that they were and are some of the best of the best riders out there and we all knew it because we seen them race and to get a factory sponsorship you knew they had to be good!!! Just seeing them rip around the track is amazing,,, there aren't alot of guys out there like Mike Penland, Scott Kilby, Doug Henke,, and so on,,, I feel very sorry for them and Kawasaki for their loss!

Old 10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

suzuki dont own kawasaki....alltoys

Old 10-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Bad news this is what my dealer here in Az said just to confirm and he just got back from seminar and they talked about the BF miss and why they had put the smaller needle in the front carb so they could pass Cal. emission standards.
He said the sport race program was all that was dropped not the utility division.
The sport was only about 7-12 % of sales and the utility was the rest. The racing utility section is still going to be funded.
Kawi is working on a 450 sport series but until it comes out funding has stopped for sports.

Nothing makes since with Kawi anymore. With the lastest decisions you wonder what they have been smoking.
By the way they are under a new CEO that made this decision. His name was Kerry or something like that.

Old 10-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, when it comes to sponsoring a race team, it's like that old Texas saying that my daddy taught me:

"fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on you. Fool me three times.....ummmmm"

Old 10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hey George W. I'm with ya man, but can you PLEEEASE do something about the gas prices??![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Range Rover

Gotta wonder why every manufacturer screws up something that's hot. I heard they were phasing out the prarie name to the bf.

Quick Reply: SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!